The phone caller - you just know!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
One nigh reservation. Need a room with two beds. Fine. We have one. Calls back. Does it have a bathroom? Yes. Calls back. Private bathroom, right? Yes. Calls back. Does it have an ocean view? Yes. What kind of ocean view? A beautiful view of the bay and the village. (Disappointed). Oh, not the ocean? Well, we are on a bay, so that’s all the ocean we can offer. What kind of breakfast? Blahblahblah

Here they are. So far, I’ve predicted every step. Arrived early. Check. Needed help with Wifi. Check. Doesn’t like anything on the buffet, so can we have scrambled eggs? Check.
My next prediction - they don’t leave until I knock on their door at 11:30, and they will need help with their bags.

We've gotten to the point that when we get these type of guests on the phone, we start suggesting other inns in the area to them as a better fit. Life is just too short.

Ok. I lose the bet. They left at 10:55. After telling me they were off on a walk and then handing in the key but, wait, can we get back in for a minute? 😝🤣

Very funny! Hang in there - It's almost time for our R&R to begin. Blessings to the Hospitality Industry - Especially us small Business's.

Back