The Piano Sandbar in Miami

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanctuary

Reaction score
I did not do this, but it is not beyond me. :)
"A U.S. Coast Guard boat passes near a grand piano on a sandbar in Biscayne Bay, Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011 in Miami. The piano recently showed up on the sandbar, about 200 yards from condominiums on the shore. The piano, which weighs at least 650 pounds, was placed at the highest spot along the sandbar so it doesn't get underwater during high tide. While officials aren't sure how it got there, they know it won't be going anywhere unless it becomes a hazard to wildlife or boaters."
Piano.jpg

Now all you need is a concert pianist and a little publicity for a Concert on the Bay. Get good anchorage for your guests!

Well...after the piano was removed by TowBoat, someone went to the sandbar and set up a "table for two" complete with linens and a statue of a "chef" (looked like the "Big Boy" statue). That was later removed from the sandbar.
In keeping with the musical "Piano Bar" theme, we're going to take a set of bongos out to that sandbar in the next couple of weeks, well, as soon as I can get out there - I've got a lot going on this month. :) I told you...this is not beyond me. LOL I'll take pictures. :)

Well...after the piano was removed by TowBoat, someone went to the sandbar and set up a "table for two" complete with linens and a statue of a "chef" (looked like the "Big Boy" statue). That was later removed from the sandbar.
In keeping with the musical "Piano Bar" theme, we're going to take a set of bongos out to that sandbar in the next couple of weeks, well, as soon as I can get out there - I've got a lot going on this month. :) I told you...this is not beyond me. LOL I'll take pictures. :).
Be careful posting that here, the Fish and Wildlife are warning it is a federal offence endangering species. (you know how they are around there)

Back