The power of stripes!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
After a year of telling guests where to park, I finally got around to striping the parking slots the way I wanted them to work. That and a yard of gravel now parks four where there would usually only fit two. The day after, people arrived, parked themselves and walked a few yards to check in. Magic. (OK, I hear a few of you going "Duh ...", but I was impressed.)
stripes.jpg

Don't get too excited. We've been striped for years and it absolutely does not guarantee you will not be pulling your hair out still.

Can't view the photo. I like the idea! Herding guests. :).
Recently divided our parking spaces with railroad ties with reflectors on the ends. Still have guest straddle the ties. Had one the other day park long ways across 3 spaces. Can't figure that out. maybe they were drunk.
Another inn nearby has "park here" signs, stripes, reflectors, etc. You would think it's overboard, but on my early morning walk I frequenly notice their guests parked on their nicely manicured lawn.

We park our car in the hardest to get into spot, back in the corner, tucked against the front of the house. This weekend every time we came back someone was squeezed into the spot, and a different culprit each time. Strange.

OK see if photo is there ... and I'll send another the first time someone parks across my new lines!

OK see if photo is there ... and I'll send another the first time someone parks across my new lines!.
Tom said:
OK see if photo is there ... and I'll send another the first time someone parks across my new lines!
I see it now!
the first time you have three Humvees at the same time. across the lines, across the grass, across the whole area. :)

OK see if photo is there ... and I'll send another the first time someone parks across my new lines!.
Tom said:
Another innkeeper posted a photo of her parking lot on her FB page. Showed one car parked across 3 spaces. She was beating her head against the keyboard. No snow, no leaves, clear sailing and they still couldn't get it right.
We need to lay the railroad ties along the long edges of the cars. And spike the tops. If you don't pull in correctly, pop, hiss, flat tire(s). There were 2 sisters here last week who could not park either car to save their lives.

Back