The Price Scoffers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I took a call last night at 930PM. Against my better judgement and advise of our innmate here who says "Nothing good ever comes from answering the phone after 9PM!"
She asked about a room for a graduation weekend. I told her the prices - $110 - $145 well apparently the $110 was too much to swallow as she sputtered it back out and her husband in the background scoffed "ONE TEN! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!"
Holida y In n Expr ess has a king room for $139.
I wish I were one of those who could pull off "Well if all you can afford is a motel 6, then you better give them a call!" But I don't say that, I just say look at the website and give us a call if interested, good night. I HATE GRADUATION WEEKENDS, when the antler people come out of the woods.

Well, I read a bunch of reviews last night where the writers were complaining about the prices of the rooms and I thought, 'Holy cow, you got all that for $105 and you're complaining? Where do you live?' Now I know where they live!
I won't insult the guests on the phone for the simple reason they may someday have the money and want to splurge. I'd LIKE to say those things, but I don't. I say them when I get off the phone, but not while I'm on the phone!
Maybe I'm lucky about grad weekends here because the tuition is over $50k, the parents are used to forking over the big bucks and my prices seem tame to them.

A couple knocked on our door last year and wanted a room, I showed them our largest double (which was the only one left) and told them it was 64gbp. The man said "We can get a room in Inverness for 40gbp", so I said "Why don't you go back to Inverness then and stop waisting my time".
The problem with many of the largest towns in the Highlands of Scotland is there are rows of B&Bs on the main roads and they all have signs out saying "Bed & Breakfast £xx" where xx is some ridiculously low number but they all have "from" in very small letters.

A couple knocked on our door last year and wanted a room, I showed them our largest double (which was the only one left) and told them it was 64gbp. The man said "We can get a room in Inverness for 40gbp", so I said "Why don't you go back to Inverness then and stop waisting my time".
The problem with many of the largest towns in the Highlands of Scotland is there are rows of B&Bs on the main roads and they all have signs out saying "Bed & Breakfast £xx" where xx is some ridiculously low number but they all have "from" in very small letters..
Again, another great tshirt idea. I am loving all these one liners!
"Why don't you go back to Inverness then and stop waisting my time".

The problem with many of the largest towns in the Highlands of Scotland is there are rows of B&Bs on the main roads and they all have signs out saying "Bed & Breakfast £xx" where xx is some ridiculously low number but they all have "from" in very small letters..
Pottery House said:
. The man said "We can get a room in Inverness for 40gbp", so I said "Why don't you go back to Inverness then and stop waisting my time".
Oh, we're gonna like having you around here on the forum!
welcome.gif

I said "Why don't you go back to Inverness then and stop waisting my time".
I think you'll fit right in around here. Welcome!
Beautiful place you have there!
welcome.gif

Back