THE PSYCHOS are HERE!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
To finish off the year
yelling in the foyer at DH
After me, she she she this woman is aying, this is not the mountains, we drive 5 hrs from Virginia beach this is not the
she is telling me now she is putting a full page ad in the newspaper about us

They are still in the parking lot. I am in tears now. I charged them one night plus the flowers they ordered. The reason this is so bad, is we had flowers in their room I hand picked at the florist, and party favors, even a tiara for her for NY's, not part of any package whatsoever...
They will refute the charge. THIS is why I have them tick the box agreeing to our policies. THIS is why I only want online reservations.

SO SORRY!! What a way to end the year :-(
Think now of all the happy ones you host. Don't let one bad apple get you down.
OK, too late I know. You're already down. But, tomorrow is another day.

Holy cow. I'm so sorry you're finishing up the year with this. Were they the only guests or do you have the hope of better coming up later on?

What the hell was she expecting? Pike's Peak?? Calm down, take a deep breath, and be thankful HE has to live with her and SHE is only a passing horror movie for you. Some people do not deserve the nice things you do. I wish you a wonderful evening in the arms of your loving family - THEY are the important ones. We who enjoy all that life offers are the blessed ones and the people who go out of therir way to ruin a wonderful time? Be damned!!!
BTW - when she finds out how much a full-page ad costs, she will swallow her words.

They are still in the parking lot. I am in tears now. I charged them one night plus the flowers they ordered. The reason this is so bad, is we had flowers in their room I hand picked at the florist, and party favors, even a tiara for her for NY's, not part of any package whatsoever...
They will refute the charge. THIS is why I have them tick the box agreeing to our policies. THIS is why I only want online reservations..
Sorry about this. We actually warn people we charge extra for phone reservations (10% higher) because of the risks of not agreeing to terms. At that point they usually go online to do it. If they seem to hee and haw about it, it's a sure sign that they are trying to take advantage of not agreeing to terms... a sign of a problem.

Well folks...the weirdest thing, damn that Mother Murphy...was I have the guest room book from that room. I picked it up today and thought, ohhhh those are all such lovely comments, about hiking, fantastic town, music, sites, innkeepers, breakfasts, and more.
It is right beside my keyboard as I type this! I was thinking about how I stayed at some fantastic inns on this road trip and cannot imagine the NUT JOBS who say things that are not true, in the least, about the inn. I was there, and saw no way possible for it to be how they said it was.
and then it happened here.
When she started speaking Spanish (she was from South America, he was not) and pointed that painted fingernail with gold rings into my face, I bent down to her level and said "No, estas loca, muy loca" and she stopped in her tracks.
My heart is still racing. I suppose folks, if nothing else, AT LEAST they had not gotten to the room and then I would have THAT complex to deal with as well.
I picked up the ipad to video tape it too late, REMINDER FOR NEXT TIME. And as always, there will always be a next time. I was pondering this year not having any super locos, but it happens.

Well folks...the weirdest thing, damn that Mother Murphy...was I have the guest room book from that room. I picked it up today and thought, ohhhh those are all such lovely comments, about hiking, fantastic town, music, sites, innkeepers, breakfasts, and more.
It is right beside my keyboard as I type this! I was thinking about how I stayed at some fantastic inns on this road trip and cannot imagine the NUT JOBS who say things that are not true, in the least, about the inn. I was there, and saw no way possible for it to be how they said it was.
and then it happened here.
When she started speaking Spanish (she was from South America, he was not) and pointed that painted fingernail with gold rings into my face, I bent down to her level and said "No, estas loca, muy loca" and she stopped in her tracks.
My heart is still racing. I suppose folks, if nothing else, AT LEAST they had not gotten to the room and then I would have THAT complex to deal with as well.
I picked up the ipad to video tape it too late, REMINDER FOR NEXT TIME. And as always, there will always be a next time. I was pondering this year not having any super locos, but it happens..
Joey Bloggs said:
Don't you just LOVE it when the guest thinks they are saying something you don't understand but you do? I am guilty of wishing the guest a good day in their own language after they have insulted me thinking I didn't know what was said. With a smile on my face because they are leaving and going off to harass someone else.

Yikes. Not a great way to end the year, but at least they won't be around for the beginning of the NEW one.

Glad you were able to speak the truth to her in her language!

It is a shame that the thought of recording it came too late. We have all that technology at the tips of our fingers yet when it would benefit us the greatest, we forget!

Yikes. Not a great way to end the year, but at least they won't be around for the beginning of the NEW one.

Glad you were able to speak the truth to her in her language!

It is a shame that the thought of recording it came too late. We have all that technology at the tips of our fingers yet when it would benefit us the greatest, we forget!.
copperhead said:
GOOD ONE!
I don't have to wake up looking at that ugly face tomorrow.
shades_smile.gif

I am just wondering now how it will go, they say we are not where we say we are, she thought we were like Pigeon Forge Dollywood, it was the weirdest thing in the world. hound dawgs...
I am ready for the fight on the credit card company... I only charged them one night and wish I would have charged two, but this one will be easier to debate. But I think she will lie, once she works out she can't win saying what she will say.
Lawd o mighty where do these people come from...one per year is MY LIMIT.

OMG she is nuts! She left without going to Dairy Qu een and hearing the band! Her lost!!!

this is exactly what I was telling a customer yesterday - the vast percentage of customers with a problem, the problem is caused by the customer not reading or booking what they want (ie own responsibility) and then being unhappy ie not in the mountains

I am just wondering now how it will go, they say we are not where we say we are, she thought we were like Pigeon Forge Dollywood, it was the weirdest thing in the world. hound dawgs...
I am ready for the fight on the credit card company... I only charged them one night and wish I would have charged two, but this one will be easier to debate. But I think she will lie, once she works out she can't win saying what she will say.
Lawd o mighty where do these people come from...one per year is MY LIMIT..
WHAT THE???? Can they not read? Do they not do any research? Can't they see? Dollywood? Come one. The freaking idots!
Sorry you had to end the year like that.

After I lost it, when she made a finger motion as a smile to her face and said "Chew will smile and do what I SAY!"
She being Latina, I was able to get DH into the foyer (in his grotty work clothes from renovations here) as I knew what would happen...her blabbering screaming mouth stopped and she stood by while DH and her husband spoke.
But then she couldn't stand it anymore...and began to cry.
Pobrecita...

this is exactly what I was telling a customer yesterday - the vast percentage of customers with a problem, the problem is caused by the customer not reading or booking what they want (ie own responsibility) and then being unhappy ie not in the mountains.
this is exactly what I was telling a customer yesterday - the vast percentage of customers with a problem, the problem is caused by the customer not reading or booking what they want (ie own responsibility) and then being unhappy ie not in the mountains
But that is just it, JB is not on a mountain top but she IS in the mountains. Her mountains are like mine, older than the Rockies so like any mother, worn down a bit.
Flatlanders say they feel claustrophobic here (as they would at JB's) but I tell them our hills are like a mother with security - I will always be here for you kind of thing. (to explain my mother reference.) The hills protect us from the really nasty winds and tornadoes - usually. The last tornado that hit Shinnston was in June, 1944.

this is exactly what I was telling a customer yesterday - the vast percentage of customers with a problem, the problem is caused by the customer not reading or booking what they want (ie own responsibility) and then being unhappy ie not in the mountains.
But that is just it, JB is not on a mountain top but she IS in the mountains. Her mountains are like mine, older than the Rockies so like any mother, worn down a bit.
Flatlanders say they feel claustrophobic here (as they would at JB's) but I tell them our hills are like a mother with security - I will always be here for you kind of thing. (to explain my mother reference.) The hills protect us from the really nasty winds and tornadoes - usually. The last tornado that hit Shinnston was in June, 1944.
gillumhouse said:
Yes.
She was a nut job, no two ways about it. And guess who got to wake up to THAT this morning...not me, not us. When they arrived my daughter who was looking just beautiful, greeted them with a smile and opened the door and said welcome, they stormed past her and started going at her, and I went out there. Not on, not on at all.
"Chew tell me where the hiking is, eh eh!!!"
and before I could close my mouth to form a word she would scream "See I tol' you! They are liars, they lie!"
I told DH last night, and as all of you know, we certainly have plenty of places to hike. The guest room book mentions that in the first five entries...
Now if these people had walked in and said quietly, uh, this was not what we were expecting...instead of barging past and saying loudly "This is terrible! This is terrible! This is garbage" yes, she really said that...and that was when I was still being calm. I was asking "What do you mean? What is terrible?" THIS PLACE! THIS TOWN! WE DROVE FIVE HOURS TO GET "here!"?"
Yeah, it is hard to explain in print. Very hard. We are still reeling from it.
But today is a new day, a fresh start and we will be out hiking soon...which we wouldn't have been if we had muy loca for breakfast. Junie B has a new friend, a 6 month old Shepherd she will meet shortly. She is also going in the big rig to the state park for a hike! Photos later...

Back