The Quill and Quilt is for sale!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
We have decided to put her on the market while we are still going strong. This is the initial listing http://www.owners.com/mn/cannon-falls/615-hoffman-st-w/pgm9021 . I need to proof it and beef it up etc but it is a start. I know all the reasons not to try and sell in this market. We just need to get started on the exit plan while we are still working well together.
So if you know anyone looking for a great B&B in a really nice midwestern town, please send them our way.
Thanks

Todd I truly hope you are able to sell. The bank has still not foreclosed on mine yet. Trying to work with them on a deed in lieu of foreclosure they messed up again did not get the appraisal done and had the foreclosure sale scheduled for 3/6, for the first time in 4 years they admitted they had messed up (well in not so many words) and canceled the foreclosure to try and get the deed in lieu through for me
The only recommendation I can give is that if you can get out with what you owe on it then do that, much better than what I have been through with the banks in 4 years
If you are able to take less than owed look into the debt relief act (if you are in a debt forgiveness state) valid until end 2012.
FYI I never knew your house is almost exactly the same facade / build as mine.!!

Sorry to hear your ordeal is not over. Not sure if you know the story but we bought it after a foreclosure and reopened it. My friend was a previous owner so he knew everything. He is currently running it. I can tell from some of our recent reviews that he is ready to move on. So rather then wait for him to burnout and have issues, we decided to get moving on the sale side. The key is we don't need the last nickel out of the deal so we can leave some meat on the bone for the next folks.

B n B .com listing is more complete in some ways.
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/InnsForSale/mn-cannon-falls-8943.html

Good luck on your sale! I was looking at the photos, and it looks lovely. I did have a quick recommendation. I noticed that the last photo of the living room/sitting was a bit dark, and I loved the picture in your header of the same room on your website (where you can see those big windows and the fireplace, and the green from the trees outside echoed in the mirror above fp). You may want to consider adding that one.

Thanks for the heads up. I will see what I have. Photo preservation is such a big deal and one I have failed at.

Back