The reason no guest rooms should have a sofa

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm right there with you on no sofas in guest rooms after having an antique sofa broken by a couple who apparently were on a one-night marathon! I do have a room with a sofa that I don't care about and another 2-room suite with a sleep sofa in the living room.
I'd rather have the sopping wet washcloths on the bottom of the shower than thrown over the shower curtain rod. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? There are shelves or towel racks in all the showers and all the stand alone showers have seats. Good grief!
As a guest, I'm guilty of wanting the lights everywhere in the room. I don't always want to read or use the laptop in bed. :).
Samster said:
I'd rather have the sopping wet washcloths on the bottom of the shower than thrown over the shower curtain rod.
Silly, that's what the antique wooden furniture is for.
confused_smile.gif

Ha ha! Haven't had many problems with wet towels on the wooden furniture but they do like to throw them on the bed despite towel racks and hooks in the bathrooms. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I always wonder why people throw the drenched washcloths on the shower rod though when there are towel racks and they can drip in the tub or shower stall. It's a mystery.........

Have made this comment before, so sorry for the repeat... One of my larger rooms had a sleeper sofa in it, well no more. Seems that a honeymoon couple had decided there wedding night was not complete without a 3rd individual!! And on top of breaking the bed part, they forced it back as a sofa afterwards. The 3 came down for breakfast (yes to my surprise) and during the conversation stated that the 3rd slept on top of the sofa, did not use the bed. A couple of weeks passed before I the sleeper was needed again and I attempted to open it to place on fresh sheets....WE still have choice words for that COUPLE!.
Moral of that story: Don't believe what guests tell you! :-(

So, my rant about the duvets...go to clean a room and the 4' luggage rack has a pair of pants & a sweater on it. The second bed, with the white duvet has 2 dirty suitcase on IT. Ditto in the next room, clothing on the luggage rack, dirty suitcase on the bed.
Think about this people. OTHER guests are just like you and THEY, too, have thrown their dirty suitcases on the bed. Let's all band together and stop the insanity!.
Even when we point out luggage racks and other appropriate pieces of furniture for luggage (like ottomans specifically bought for that), there are numbskulls here that just don't get it! We have 2 large, sturdy luggage racks in most rooms too. We've found that carrying their luggage & sitting it on the luggage racks for them is the only way to make the connection. Doh!

I just saw a really nice guest room sofa I would like to have...then I saw this thread again...what people do to those guest room sofas...those "BAD GUESTS"
tounge_smile.gif

I still like it though.

Back