The Red Flag Guest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I already know needy is an understatement, the "RED FLAG GUEST" is what this guest shall hereby be referred to.
From email after email, call after call - trying to enjoy Easter with my family already had me up scrubbing a bathroom and tub for this check in. Sitting down to eat together was not going to happen, and dang it I was determined to make it happen!
I was upstairs when the phone rang yet again - caller id showed a missed call when I came back down, was it my parents calling from the other coast to wish us a happy Easter? No of course not, it was the Red Flag Guest.
It had to happen, guests have been way way way too great lately, it was time for a Red Flag Guest to roll in. Two days of the Red Flag Guest, if I am bald next time you see me you will know why.
pita.gif

PS what does she want? She wants to know what to do...it is Easter. But you know what, the sun is shining, it is 80 degrees and gorgeous outside, why not actually DO IT then check in. I would give my left earlobe to be able to be out and about today. People have no idea how they are. As already mentioned to an inn-mate, when you book this B&B you do not book this innkeeper, I AM NOT FOR HIRE, this is just the SECOND oldest profession. When people demand ME, I will give them less and less. Those who are unassuming and love everything I give more and more, why? Because I enjoy you!
I already have the table all decorated real neat for Easter for the two rooms checking in. Enough if enough. :)
Thanks for letting me vent.

Hope you'll be able to let that phone go to voicemail for a bit and enjoy your family.
Your Red Flag Guest will figure it all out on her own. Or not.
Either way, sounds like you've helped her quite enough for one day.
Happy Easter!

PS what does she want? She wants to know what to do...it is Easter. But you know what, the sun is shining, it is 80 degrees and gorgeous outside, why not actually DO IT then check in. I would give my left earlobe to be able to be out and about today. People have no idea how they are. As already mentioned to an inn-mate, when you book this B&B you do not book this innkeeper, I AM NOT FOR HIRE, this is just the SECOND oldest profession. When people demand ME, I will give them less and less. Those who are unassuming and love everything I give more and more, why? Because I enjoy you!
I already have the table all decorated real neat for Easter for the two rooms checking in. Enough if enough. :)
Thanks for letting me vent..
Sorry an idiot had to ruin your Family Easter. Don't pick up the phone. You need your own time.

I'm so sorry JB. We were lucky. We ended up having the perfect "ordinary couple" weekend and I'd forgotten just how good it could feel.
We had guests during the week but none this weekend ..... and the off-site line to DH's work was down. Rather then worry about it, we decided to revel in it. Sunday was a beatific mix of odd jobs (I cleaned out the garage, DH mowed the lawn and made a compost bin), little personal "fixes" that always seem like a cop out when there's "real" work to be done (like re-wiring our A/V) and sitting on the deck with a glass of wine a straw hat and a book with DH manning the BBQ.

Back