The same breakfast every day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Have you ever stayed in a B&B where the same breakfast was served every day?

Nope...but I do know there are some out there :-( What are they thinking????

Nope...but I do know there are some out there :-( What are they thinking????.
How easy it is to shop. How little they have to think about it. How much time they save everyday. How much money they save because nothing goes bad because they bought too much and didn't use it. That's what they're thinking.

We stayed at one once that served the same fruit cup and lemon pound cake every day - and breakfast was a choice off a menu of four things - always the same four things. I think it was pancakes, scrambled eggs, omlette and maybe waffles?
RIki

It happens alot in Europe, our guests tell us that most places "over there" do have the same breakfast each morning.

Oh, yes, those breakfasts in Britain were all very similar. Got to love the grilled tomatoes!
-KathleenM

In Europe, Brazil, and Argentina, our experience has been that the same breakfast is offered each day in many places, be it a B&B or a boutique hotel. Of course, it is often a buffet of sorts and you don't eat everything on it everyday either. I would call it an expanded continental, except in Ireland, where they feed you like a horse if you'll have it and like a bird if you wish. It has always worked well for us since it always includes fruit, fiber, yogurt, and cafe com liche.

Here I thought this thread was going to be about how I cook the same breakfast every day... since we have so many one nighters!
=)
Kk.

Here I thought this thread was going to be about how I cook the same breakfast every day... since we have so many one nighters!
=)
Kk..
Hey, I was one of your one-nighters and I would have had the same thing the next day too if I had a choice - it was deeeelicious!!!!

Good one yellow....no I don't think that would be great. We are one of the few B & B's that offer a cooked gourmet breakfast in our area, most offer a continental..don't really know why?!

=)
Kk..
Hey, I was one of your one-nighters and I would have had the same thing the next day too if I had a choice - it was deeeelicious!!!!
suellen222 said:
Thanks!
I would cook the same breakfast over and over... except that sometimes I'd like to eat something different!
=)
Kk.

Good one yellow....no I don't think that would be great. We are one of the few B & B's that offer a cooked gourmet breakfast in our area, most offer a continental..don't really know why?!.
Either they are burned out, don't know how to cook a gourmet breakfast or it is easier which also = burned out! Or are they trying to compete with the hotels and have lowered their room prices and are cutting back on food prices to survive. I just started a new thread called "competing with hotels"

A very nice Select Registry B&B that we stayed at in Savannah had the same menu every morning, but with a few options on it - eggs, pancakes, french toast as entrees, meat choices - sausage or bacon, bread - toast or biscuit. I think the eggs could be done scrambled or fried. It was not elaborate but it was nice, and since you could choose for yourself you could alternate if you wanted or eat the same thing every day. That would certainly work.
When I get crazy from too many dietary restrictions - like one diabetic and one no-eggs and one low cholesterol, all at the same breakfast - I think about something like that. Then I realize I don't have a commercial kitchen and I go back to figuring out something that will feed everybody without resorting to oatmeal.

A very nice Select Registry B&B that we stayed at in Savannah had the same menu every morning, but with a few options on it - eggs, pancakes, french toast as entrees, meat choices - sausage or bacon, bread - toast or biscuit. I think the eggs could be done scrambled or fried. It was not elaborate but it was nice, and since you could choose for yourself you could alternate if you wanted or eat the same thing every day. That would certainly work.
When I get crazy from too many dietary restrictions - like one diabetic and one no-eggs and one low cholesterol, all at the same breakfast - I think about something like that. Then I realize I don't have a commercial kitchen and I go back to figuring out something that will feed everybody without resorting to oatmeal..
wink_smile.gif
Oatmeal! We do gourmet full table service breakfast and I always get that funny feeling when I do oatmeal! I have to remind myself that it's actually steel cut oats with Medjool dates and prunes topped with locally grown toasted macadamia nuts and toasted coconut, surrounded with locally grown mango, strawberry papaya, white pineapple, and apple bananas. Add a little cream top yogurt mixed with local lilikoi butter and a locally baked enlish muffin and BING!

Joey Bloggs said:
Have you ever stayed in a B&B where the same breakfast was served every day?
yes. it's a 3 bedroom b&b in new hampshire. bacon and eggs (scrambled or fried). toast. jam pot on the table. coffee or tea. oj. or you can have cheerios instead of the bacon and eggs. the innkeeper sits and eats with you. dog sits on the floor nearby hoping for leftovers. EVERY time. my late husband loved this place.

Here in England, people tend to want the Full English breakfast so we have to offer that but we have a complete breakfast menu that includes pancakes, waffles, omelettes, porridge with fruit compote, home-made granola and probiotic yogurt (we call that one The Healthy Choice) We tried to serve "The Full American" that included hashbrowns and steak but no one was interested. If you tried to serve everyone the same breakfast here even though it changed daily, there would be a riot!
Although most B&B's serve just the Full English day after day. That's considered acceptable.

When I get crazy from too many dietary restrictions - like one diabetic and one no-eggs and one low cholesterol, all at the same breakfast - I think about something like that. Then I realize I don't have a commercial kitchen and I go back to figuring out something that will feed everybody without resorting to oatmeal..
wink_smile.gif
Oatmeal! We do gourmet full table service breakfast and I always get that funny feeling when I do oatmeal! I have to remind myself that it's actually steel cut oats with Medjool dates and prunes topped with locally grown toasted macadamia nuts and toasted coconut, surrounded with locally grown mango, strawberry papaya, white pineapple, and apple bananas. Add a little cream top yogurt mixed with local lilikoi butter and a locally baked enlish muffin and BING!
knkbnb said:
I have to remind myself that it's actually steel cut oats with Medjool dates and prunes topped with locally grown toasted macadamia nuts and toasted coconut, surrounded with locally grown mango, strawberry papaya, white pineapple, and apple bananas. Add a little cream top yogurt mixed with local lilikoi butter and a locally baked enlish muffin and BING!
That's not just "oatmeal", that's "OATMEAL"!! Sounds like heaven in a bowl to me

wink_smile.gif
knkbnb said:
I have to remind myself that it's actually steel cut oats with Medjool dates and prunes topped with locally grown toasted macadamia nuts and toasted coconut, surrounded with locally grown mango, strawberry papaya, white pineapple, and apple bananas. Add a little cream top yogurt mixed with local lilikoi butter and a locally baked enlish muffin and BING!
That's not just "oatmeal", that's "OATMEAL"!! Sounds like heaven in a bowl to me
There's lots of good recipes out there for baked oatmeal too - I like to put dried cherries in (from MI of course!) Gourmet oatmeal!

So if there was a law that you had to make the same entree each and every morning, what would y'all choose?.
I would choose to cook omelets each morning.

So if there was a law that you had to make the same entree each and every morning, what would y'all choose?.
I would choose to cook omelets each morning..
knowlesl said:
I would choose to cook omelets each morning.
The answer to this question grasshopper lies in what ye ol' innkeepers with the one nighters day after day serve...and can make and serve blind folded.

Back