The Scream you just heard, was ME!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were on vacation on Tybee Island and in Savannah. After five days I never wanted to see another pork product again. I started asking in advance because it was wasteful to serve me pork chops for breakfast.
Mmmmmmm. Pork chops.

Every breakfast is a chef's choice, three course meal. We do not take orders but if a guest doesn't like it, I will make them something else. This allows us to be flexible and buy foods in season.

Mmmmmmm. Pork chops.
The funny thing was, I asked the cook what she was making and she said ‘bacon’ and a pork chop showed up on my plate. (I thought it might have been Canadian bacon, but it was a pork chop.) Good thing Gomez eats everything.

I had a number of kosher guests ... not strictly kosher as I did not have a kosher kitchen. But they did not eat pork or shellfish. I offered turkey sausage and turkey bacon ... I don’t know the details about processing or casing ... but it was kosher. I got it frozen in bulk from restaurant supply. The turkey bacon wasn’t as popular as the turkey sausage with my ‘eat anything’ guests. I switched to turkey sausage completely so I always had that. The turkey bacon might be too lean, it cooked up flat

I had a number of kosher guests ... not strictly kosher as I did not have a kosher kitchen...

We handle that as vegetarian. To avoid worrying about mixing meat and milk.

When we have had guests ask for kosher, we buy prepackaged and use paper plates and plastic cutlery. Packaged yogurt, etc. Nothing that I would have to manipulate. I want them to open the sealed package, so they know that it's for their use and not been touched by my cutlery.

We were on vacation on Tybee Island and in Savannah. After five days I never wanted to see another pork product again. I started asking in advance because it was wasteful to serve me pork chops for breakfast.
Mom and I at Tybee in earlier days

Attachments

• Tybee.jpg
    Tybee.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1
Your choice is meat or no meat. Simple and effective.
Yes. Choice confuses. Diet restrictions? OK, otherwise, chef's choice, and I keep it simple (and not too filling, really), and people love it.

Back