The shocking truth about owning a bed and breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i may be were you are Madeline-I think that I am underpaid for the job I provide and to boot the boss is being a lilttle nutty lately and I am thinking its time to hang the inkkeeping hat cause i can tell when i see a guest I just want to punch the living daylights out of them if they ask me one more damn question! So, I've decided that I will not be here at this Inn next year and that 7 years is enough for me-if I NEVER EVER EVER clean another toillette other than my own I will be a happy camper, If I NEVER EVER EVER have to get up at 5 in the morning to just be left waiting for a guest that said they wanted breakfast at 7 I would be a happy camper-I could go on but I think you all know how I feel.
Kath-you are a saint to do what you do for "his royal highness", I would buy cozy pudding and microwave it and put it in front of him...but im mean like that Ha Ha
Im seriously thinking going to college-I know im in my early 50s but kids are grown i have no ties anywere and why the hell not? You only have one life right?.
I can relate to you birdwatcher. I did it for 6 years and that was enough for me. Go with your gut. It's alot different and worse..I think working for someone else. When it gets to this point, then do what you feel in your heart. Follow your passion...it is never too late.

I think i may be were you are Madeline-I think that I am underpaid for the job I provide and to boot the boss is being a lilttle nutty lately and I am thinking its time to hang the inkkeeping hat cause i can tell when i see a guest I just want to punch the living daylights out of them if they ask me one more damn question! So, I've decided that I will not be here at this Inn next year and that 7 years is enough for me-if I NEVER EVER EVER clean another toillette other than my own I will be a happy camper, If I NEVER EVER EVER have to get up at 5 in the morning to just be left waiting for a guest that said they wanted breakfast at 7 I would be a happy camper-I could go on but I think you all know how I feel.
Kath-you are a saint to do what you do for "his royal highness", I would buy cozy pudding and microwave it and put it in front of him...but im mean like that Ha Ha
Im seriously thinking going to college-I know im in my early 50s but kids are grown i have no ties anywere and why the hell not? You only have one life right?.
It is never too late to go back to school. By now you MAY just be to the point that you know what you want to be when you grow up!

if you want to go to college go - in the UK and I am sure its the same in the USA colleges and universities are chock full of people retraining or wanting to go in a different direction - I guarantee you won't be on your own.

Life is too short to feel stuck in a job you hate. You will feel reborn if you go back to school...go for it!

Go for your dream, Birdwatcher! You are still a youngster! (Said the person approaching 58 in a few days....)

Go for your dream, Birdwatcher! You are still a youngster! (Said the person approaching 58 in a few days....)
shades_smile.gif
Happy Birthday!!!!!

Happy Birthday, young'un.

Thanks! I have less aches & pains now that I'm no longer and innkeeper/owner.
regular_smile.gif
But, your 50's are the new 40's. HA!

Back