The Silent Eaters

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Dining is not just about eating.
I can't hack the silent eaters. Surely there is something to discuss? No I am not going into the song, dance and magic show...I already did it and there was no interaction. A comedienne needs and audience for goodness sake!
Save us from the boring people!

Oh, amen. This goes back to my "cruise director" thread. Don't sweat it, maybe they are just enjoying your delicious cooking...let them have their quiet!
The no talking is better than the woman banging on the kitchen door at 6:30 this morning to see if coffee was ready yet? Um, if it was ready it would be out, it's not like I'm hiding it from you. October...

I just pulled a rabbit out of a hat..
TA DA! You go JB. Sings, dances, juggles, does magic...your guests don't realize how lucky they have it
teeth_smile.gif

I'm at the time of year when I simply don't give a ........ HOWEVER this weekends' guests have been outrageously fabulous. Normally I will happily do the "song and dance" routine but luckily for me, my most recent slew of guests have felt comfortable enough to make me redundant. I have been able to join in rather than initiate. Happy Days.
AND - no guests tonight (at least so far) so my bed will be occupied past 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I'm quiet at breakfast when I'm away. I enjoy peace and quiet and just focusing on the food. Being in the car with spouse, being on the go with spouse, not having 2 minutes to myself when on the road with spouse generally means I need to find some quiet time while on vacation (other than when I'm sleeping), breakfast is it. My ideal vacation would be sitting on the beach, walking on the beach, sleeping on the beach. Spouse wants activity. Wants to see 'stuff'. Does not want to sit down. It gets tiring. Separate vacations are in my near future.
Around here I no longer take it badly if guests are quiet. It may mean they are tired, bored with vacation, not morning people.

I'm quiet at breakfast when I'm away. I enjoy peace and quiet and just focusing on the food. Being in the car with spouse, being on the go with spouse, not having 2 minutes to myself when on the road with spouse generally means I need to find some quiet time while on vacation (other than when I'm sleeping), breakfast is it. My ideal vacation would be sitting on the beach, walking on the beach, sleeping on the beach. Spouse wants activity. Wants to see 'stuff'. Does not want to sit down. It gets tiring. Separate vacations are in my near future.
Around here I no longer take it badly if guests are quiet. It may mean they are tired, bored with vacation, not morning people..
Alibi Ike said:
My ideal vacation would be sitting on the beach, walking on the beach, sleeping on the beach. Spouse wants activity. Wants to see 'stuff'. Does not want to sit down. It gets tiring. Separate vacations are in my near future.
This is the way we used to be. DH loves the beach, do nothing vacation and I like the more active go to new places and explore vacation. We decided years ago that to really make it work, we needed to rotate. One year DH chooses, then the next year it's my choice. It's worked really well for us. Next month we're going to Cancun for the beach vacation. I'm having fun trying to figure out where next years vacation will be...it will also be our 10th wedding anniv, so I want to make it special.

Back