The Sound of the Lawn Mower....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
I am hearing the sound of the lawn mower in my yard - and it is being operated by one of my long-term guests. He ASKED me yesterday to get the lawn mower out this morning so he could cut the grass. When I said I was going to get it this week, he asked again and told me he LIKES to cut grass. Now he is talking about clearing out the beds by the house so we can plant flowers or whatever in there. Sorry folks, you cannot have my guests.

Good one. Will he be expecting some sort of discount? I would consider it especially if he continues to do the work :)

That's fantastic! He's your yard guy in more ways than one...he's also helping you get that gazebo later on!

thumbs_up.gif

Good one. Will he be expecting some sort of discount? I would consider it especially if he continues to do the work :).
No discount expected nor asked for. We think is is just bored and wanting to do yard stuff because he has a place in the country at home and working away cannot do things he likes to do. I had one guest this morning so when I made the English muffin bread I mad a full batch - making a regular-size loaf for him to take to his friend's apartment (where he does his laundry) as well as a small bag of muffins. I make a second pot of coffee every afternoon for his thermos just before he leaves for work. We also keep things very quiet so he can sleep during the day.

I once had a guest who liked to varnish. I let him have at the handrails on the bow. I wish he were here now. It's about time to varnish them again.

Back