The Stupidest Questions You Hear...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remembered another one! We have a lady who has booked the whole place for a conference in august 2 nights. Another lady wanted the same date but 1 night (ie I would loose out on the other night) and suggested after patronising me which put her in the bin to start that I tell Mrs G the other lady that we only had 11 rooms so she could get in! Would point out our rooms are numbered 1-12 with the numbers on the door and she would see these others at breakfast. Was very tempted to say why on earth would I do that?

So after you freshen up, you get the rest of the day to yourself?.
Breakfast Diva said:
So after you freshen up, you get the rest of the day to yourself?
Oh that one gets me!
"Is this your busy season?" is another one. When there are 2 cars in the parking lot on a Saturday it is not my busy season. The corollary is, "Is this your slow season?" when the parking lot is full on a Tuesday night.

So after you freshen up, you get the rest of the day to yourself?.
Breakfast Diva said:
So after you freshen up, you get the rest of the day to yourself?
I had that last week after a full house on a monday all checked out (6 rooms) from NASCAR weekend. Two of the rooms who left the table - chock-a-bloc that would take me 30 minutes to clear up and load up and sort out before anything else even got washed, said that: "Now you can relax" I did not let it go, I said "Relax? After all the work you left me! I have 6 rooms of cleaning and laundry to do now!"
whattha.gif

Do you stay busy? or Do you get a lot of people?
One local man (a retired attorney) asked me if we had had 100 guests yet. This 13 years into being an innkeeper! They think because THEY think we are a nowhere place (we are NOT a nowhere place) that no one comes here. I told him we had passed that milestone many, many years earlier.

And yesterday when they arrived they asked "Are we at the right place?"
There are 2 signs as you drive up, another sign just outside the door and one on the door they just entered all stating the name of the b & b.

There are 2 signs as you drive up, another sign just outside the door and one on the door they just entered all stating the name of the b & b..
Victoria said:
There are 2 signs as you drive up, another sign just outside the door and one on the door they just entered all stating the name of the b & b.
I know these people! They've been here many times. Only problem is, they are NOT looking for my place when they roll in insisting they have a rez here. I'm happy to see they've learned.

All the time people point at the gas fireplace in their room and ask: "Does that work?"
Or, when I get to the How To Turn On The Fireplace part of the check-in they'll say, in surprised fashion, "Oh! That works does it?!"
The first time someone said it to me I just thought they were a bit weird - but then hundreds more went on to say the same thing.
Asking the question must mean there's a chance they think the answer's "no", so are there thousands of B&Bs out there with things that look like gas fireplaces but which are purely ornamental?
Why would anyone go to the trouble of installing something like that if it DIDN'T work?.
I've been in some with fireplaces that didn't work. Stayed in a place in Wales once with several nice radiators in the room, but no pipes coming out of the floor to connect.

We had one of these today was like wrestling with a troll! I would also like to point out this was in the middle of breakfast for 21. We put cutlery and crockery out on the tables for everyone ready you just help yourself to cerial and juice at the buffet and then your cooked breakfast come out when you are done. Chap calls me over he has a bowl of cerial in his hand asks "can i have some cutlery?" it is all on the table Sir. "I would like a spoon for my sugar" (the loose sugar is on the buffet in a dispenser and in cubes on the table I explained this to him. Looking about him still "did you want a spoon to eat your cerial with? " yes" Sir it is on your table and took him and pointed before he would believe me. This is the same man who rang me yesterday to tell me the room was booked in his name but his room mate was arriving earlier and he would be comming himself at about 2. I said 2 in the afternoon and he kept saying 2 gave up eventually turns out he meant 2am but I had told his room mate to let him in if that's what he meant as I wasn't getting up!

Back