- May 22, 2008
- Reaction score
I'm doing a Top-10 list for my website (not about peeves) but it got me thinking...so, in no particular order, here's my list of peeves from this year:
- Strewing dirty underwear all over the bed, floor and bathroom. There are only TWO of you, where did all those unmentionables come from???
- Opening suitcase and dumping contents on floor so no one but guest would want to enter room.
- Not reading (doesn't matter what) and then willfully believing it is my fault that I won't do whatever it is the guest didn't read properly (mostly check-in time).
- Not listening when I carefully explain how to open the door and then spending the next 3 days thinking I'm the butler and ringing the bell at all hours to come in the house.
- Throwing or dropping money on the floor and leaving it there for me to, what, pick it up and take it away, move it and vacuum, don't move it and suck it into the vacuum? (Dollars, not change. At this moment there is at least $30 on the floor in 1 guest room.)
- Placing the wet soda bottle, wet glass, wet coffee cup right NEXT to the coaster, thus peeling up the finish on the antique furniture.
- Leaving heat or A/C or both on when leaving the room for the day. Ditto doing this in the common areas and then going to bed.
- Blasting the TV in the room. If you are deaf, you know it, your family has told you, put on the closed captioning for the love of Mike.
- Saying there is a food issue which turns out to be only when it's convenient for the guest to have the issue.
- Cancelling and expecting me to eat the money loss.