The Ugly Cake

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Okay innmates, I have made the special cake that everyone rants about but those who don't try it don't understand. It was formerly called the "Louisiana Stranger Cake" or Butter Pecan cake. Due to its "Bundt" shape, many guests are not that into it. They seem to be more into the grab and go of a cookie.
I always take the first slice so people can see the inside and not be shy, I garnish with fresh strawberries, and icing sugar, but don't do a lot more as I don't want to spoil the taste. This is the first time I have even made it all year! So now I need to verbalize at check in shortly how delicious it is, a few of you here have had it. I have a mason jar full of bright pink roses right behind it, it looks lovely! I hope the guests dive into it.
(The good news is that this cake gets better with age, so day two it is even better than day one, it melds together a bit more, so tomorrow's check-ins will also be innjoying it!)

Is this the one with Duncan Hines Butter Pecan cake mix and the butter pecan frosting mixed into it? YUMMO!

Yes that is the one.
I convinced them all to take pity on it and they loved it!
One room said "Hey looks aren't everything!"
shades_smile.gif

can we see a pic of the ugly cake?
is it actually ugly?
if it is, i'd ramp it up ... put out ugly, mismatched dishes or napkins for folks to grab a hunk.
how fun!
i may be way off on this but it is very appealing to my imagination
tounge_smile.gif

is it actually ugly?
if it is, i'd ramp it up ... put out ugly, mismatched dishes or napkins for folks to grab a hunk.
how fun!
tounge_smile.gif
My friend makes it all the time and by no means would I call it ugly :-( Don't know where that came from. It looks like a normal bundt cake to me. It is delish! see a pic here

is it actually ugly?
how fun!
tounge_smile.gif
My friend makes it all the time and by no means would I call it ugly :-( Don't know where that came from. It looks like a normal bundt cake to me. It is delish! see a pic here
Maybe it is just me, I do not find bundts attractive. The only way is to glaze them up one side and down the other, and this cake it just so good without adding super sweetness to it.
here is a good link

is it actually ugly?
how fun!
tounge_smile.gif
Maybe it is just me, I do not find bundts attractive. The only way is to glaze them up one side and down the other, and this cake it just so good without adding super sweetness to it.
here is a good link
I think bundt cakes are attractive :) A very light dusting of powdered sugar always helps

is it actually ugly?
how fun!
tounge_smile.gif
here is a good link
They look nekkid, that is why they look unattractive.

I think that is why. Sure you can toss a few daisies on there, some pretty icing, etc. Bald is beautiful, I know. tee hee

is it actually ugly?
how fun!
tounge_smile.gif
here is a good link
I agree...Bundt cakes always seem to need a little jazzing up to me, too. But they are quick, easy, and tasty! A go-to afternoon treat for guests when I was tired of making cookies or bar type cookies or desserts.

Back