The Unusual

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Since we started our small wedding/elopement biz this year, I've experienced so many unique weddings. It's been really interesting, fun and put a new zing in my step.
Last week we did a small wedding that fused East & West. Groom was from India and bride was from U.S. They created their own ceremony and the bride had the henna tattoos that are traditional in Hindu ceremonies. She said it took 7 hours for them to apply, then she was wrapped with some sort of gauze and couldn't touch any of the areas for another 8 hours! They were beautiful and fascinating.
DSCF4258%20%28450x640%29.jpg

DSCF4260%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCF4262%20%28640x480%29.jpg

wow ! such artistry. Only9 gold bands. I imagine there will be more after.. I have seen them with almost a full arm covered with gold, meeting at the elbow.

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

I can not imagine sitting still that long.

It looks intricately beautiful!...what an honor to see these different customs up close.

you have to watch that henna on the sheets mind
Friend of mine has just been to an indian wedding in india - quite a lot of the guests have henna done as well - she fell asleep on her hand and it stained on her face - was a job and a half to get it off!

you have to watch that henna on the sheets mind
Friend of mine has just been to an indian wedding in india - quite a lot of the guests have henna done as well - she fell asleep on her hand and it stained on her face - was a job and a half to get it off!.
Fortunately no henna stains, but we did have a doozy of a time trying to get the red powder they use on their forehead off of a duvet cover.

Back