The walk in dilemma

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I then got a voice mail from a man who found us in the Stash Tea B&B promotion. It is BOGO. It ends May 31, 2009 TODAY - and I did not renew this promotion, I don't care for it. I had hoped someone would book three nights to redeem the one night, nope. I hoped the marketing would reach the B&B crowd. Nope.
The phone message said he realizes it expires today, so he would like to buy one room night on his credit card and then use these two nights at any time the rest of the year.
Oh really? THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!
How cheap is that? I did not even write the phone # down, I deleted it. So if you are reading this you know who you are..
OK...here is the thing. I don't know where people's heads are sometimes. I just had a lady here for 3 nights visiting family. She had our King room (one of our most popular rooms which was booked by her local family) for our corporate rate of $119/night. She had never stayed at a B&B before. Her comment, "It was really nice to stay in such a clean place compared to a hotel". What the heck?? She got over $45 off per night, I gave her extra baked treats to take to her family, she asked for extra things like more bottled water, some extra fruit to take with her when they went out for the day (this was in addition to our HUGE 3-course breakfasts on china, etc. and all the sodas, bottled water, and the snacks in the snack basket). Not to mention, we always carry luggage up to the rooms and all the concierge services, and blah, blah, blah. Surely, that can't be the only difference she found between us and a hotel? I mean, I even put her bottle of white wine in the guest fridge with her name on it to keep it chilled and put a wine glass with a nice presentation in her room. Something tells me that your average hotel maid won't do that for you. lol! Jeez....
"I don't know where people's heads are sometimes." Well, I think we all know the answer to this one!
embaressed_smile.gif

It kills me when I hear this. But then again, maybe she is use to the $39.99 hotels and thinks for $119 she SHOULD get all this (and more). Gee I wounder what type of treatment she though she would get if she had paid your reg. rates!!!!

I then got a voice mail from a man who found us in the Stash Tea B&B promotion. It is BOGO. It ends May 31, 2009 TODAY - and I did not renew this promotion, I don't care for it. I had hoped someone would book three nights to redeem the one night, nope. I hoped the marketing would reach the B&B crowd. Nope.
The phone message said he realizes it expires today, so he would like to buy one room night on his credit card and then use these two nights at any time the rest of the year.
How cheap is that? I did not even write the phone # down, I deleted it. So if you are reading this you know who you are..
OK...here is the thing. I don't know where people's heads are sometimes. I just had a lady here for 3 nights visiting family. She had our King room (one of our most popular rooms which was booked by her local family) for our corporate rate of $119/night. She had never stayed at a B&B before. Her comment, "It was really nice to stay in such a clean place compared to a hotel". What the heck?? She got over $45 off per night, I gave her extra baked treats to take to her family, she asked for extra things like more bottled water, some extra fruit to take with her when they went out for the day (this was in addition to our HUGE 3-course breakfasts on china, etc. and all the sodas, bottled water, and the snacks in the snack basket). Not to mention, we always carry luggage up to the rooms and all the concierge services, and blah, blah, blah. Surely, that can't be the only difference she found between us and a hotel? I mean, I even put her bottle of white wine in the guest fridge with her name on it to keep it chilled and put a wine glass with a nice presentation in her room. Something tells me that your average hotel maid won't do that for you. lol! Jeez....
"It was really nice to stay in such a clean place compared to a hotel".
I'm I missing something here? This sounds like she's complimenting you. Why would you think she's being anything but nice.

"It was really nice to stay in such a clean place compared to a hotel".
I'm I missing something here? This sounds like she's complimenting you. Why would you think she's being anything but nice.
Yes, she was complimenting us and I am not complaining. Just noting that we go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above and beyond on so many things that it was an interesting thing to focus on as a first time B&B guest vs the decor, service, complimentary gourmet breakfasts and beverages and snacks. I have stayed at many very clean hotels.

Back