The Wedding

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Today was the first and probably only wedding at Gillum House on my watch. This morning after breakfast, my brother, his fiance, and I drove to the County Seat and got the marriage license. While they were finishing the paperwork, I called the minister and set the wedding for 1 PM. I called the florist and ordered a bouquet and called our City Recreation Coordinator to come over at 1:05 to use my camera to film the ceremony.
Everything happened like clockwork. We had the wedding in my side yard in front of the rhodo bush (past blooming by a week darn it!) and it was all over by 1:30. By 2 PM it was a downpour!! I got the paperwork from the minister, made an appointment with a photographer for studio portraits at 3, and by 3 I had gone back to the Courthouse and got the certified copy of the marriage certificate (the lady even gave me a second copy that I was going to purchase for safety sake) and the marriage registered and we made the photo shoot. Went back to the house, finished waiting for the guests due in tonight, and when they arrived made our reservation at one of our favorite restaurants for the wedding supper. (Guests went to get their dinner and we went for ours.)
It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood!!

Congratulations to the newlyweds, and to you, the professional wedding planner! Something to blog about, and to extend into a new sideline.

Sounds like you had fun as well and now you could add Elopements to the list of things you could do. You know all the things required to get their license - you provide that to THEM. Add a bouquet and a little cake and WHALA!

Unfortunately, Icannot blog about it. HER family knows they are married - HIS does not.
His wife was in a coma for 5 years and 2 months to the day when she died in March. Fred and his wife belonged to a walking club and so did Bruni - so they knew each other as you know someone who is in a large club. January 2011 they caught each other's eye and started going out. His one son would understand - the other would not! So she is going to live in her apt until May 2013 and spend weekends at his place as before (she also does not want to have to put up with the humphs etc of neighbors). May 29, 2013 they will go to City Hall in Schweinfurt and do a German wedding for show. Now that they have the certified copy of their marriage, he will go the the military base in Sacramento and get her started with her military ID and pension stuff.
It is a combo of aren't they cute to wanting to ralph watching them - like a couple of teenagers! I am so glad to see them happy - and we are not talking youngsters here, both of them are in their 70s.

Great story, K! Everyone deserves to be happy. Congrats to the newlyweds (and the wedding co-ordinator)!

Back