The Younger Generation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had many Gen Y guests here. I agree with Rook, they were all looking for something different. Not the chain hotels and usually they always wanted to eat at local places. They're looking for non-traditional experiences. (hmmm...that sounds like my generation! haha...) I see that also with my son and nieces and nephews who are in that age group as well. These kids are living in urban settings and are very eco-conscious. No matter where they were from, they were lovely guests.
The only "college age" guests we had were military folks and they were super respectful.

A very large percentage of our guests are young first-time B&B guests. We've noticed the trend, but are at a loss to explain it..
Since I am still close to being one of the young B&B guests I would explain them being drawn to B&Bs is the dislike of chains and everything being the same. Since young people have grown up with Wal-marts, Applebees, and all the big companies dominating all areas of life we like when going on vacation getting away from that and experiencing something unique.
Just as I am trying to do here. Riding trains and subways, going to the beer garden, staying with real people instead of hotels. I bunked in at the girlfriend's daughter's apt. while we went to Munich.

Back