There are bathrooms at Starbucks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just grumpy. Guests walk in door holding huge cups of coffee demanding a bathroom *immediately* - it's been a looong drive in the car!

Yeah, but it takes awhile before that coffee recirculates....
wink_smile.gif

Agreed ... coffee to go means I’m going to have to go. the older I get the quicker I need to get to the rest room after a drive.

wink_smile.gif

I agree - I am a1cup in,10 cups out person - BUT before I buy a cup of coffee, I off-load the current load to create room for the new incursion. I also try to stop at a rest area before arrival as I do not expect facilities at the ready when I walk in unless it is home. My family knew GOD help the person stupid enough to get between me and the bathroom!

wink_smile.gif
Momma Smurf said:
wink_smile.gif
Yeah, well maybe, but then I've hit the restroom on the way out my employers door going to take a random drug test and still had no problem providing the needed specimen at the lab a mile down the road.

wink_smile.gif
Momma Smurf said:
wink_smile.gif
Yeah, well maybe, but then I've hit the restroom on the way out my employers door going to take a random drug test and still had no problem providing the needed specimen at the lab a mile down the road.
Every time someone mentions "random drug tests" it still makes me wonder why this is even allowed... either you perform your job as you should, or you don't. They pay for my time and ability, not to monitor what I do outside of work. The rest of the world manages just fine without random drug testing... I can't imagine that it is really effective at doing anything other than annoying people.

I think it was more the - here, take this trash and show us the bathroom - attitude. You know, the attitude. No please, or anything.
And showing up 2 hours early. You know, the attitude.
Most adults know how long they have between bathroom breaks when traveling. These folks just decided to dump that problem on us.

wink_smile.gif
Momma Smurf said:
wink_smile.gif
Every time someone mentions "random drug tests" it still makes me wonder why this is even allowed... either you perform your job as you should, or you don't. They pay for my time and ability, not to monitor what I do outside of work. The rest of the world manages just fine without random drug testing... I can't imagine that it is really effective at doing anything other than annoying people.
Generic said:
Every time someone mentions "random drug tests"
Law required, but I expect as much liability protection as anything. I drove a desk, so can't imagine I was too dangerous, but most of our employees were driving public transportation vehicles and most prefer a sober bus driver. I suppose I have my own views, bot often to me it seems that in our attempt to be sure that business is fair to everyone we have taken common sense out of the workplace and attempted to replace it with too many laws.

wink_smile.gif
Momma Smurf said:
wink_smile.gif
Generic said:
Every time someone mentions "random drug tests"
Law required, but I expect as much liability protection as anything. I drove a desk, so can't imagine I was too dangerous, but most of our employees were driving public transportation vehicles and most prefer a sober bus driver. I suppose I have my own views, bot often to me it seems that in our attempt to be sure that business is fair to everyone we have taken common sense out of the workplace and attempted to replace it with too many laws.
You can ask for a drug test if there is a reason, but otherwise, you have to assume that people are sober and not violate their personal rights.

I see. Yes, attitude makes a big difference. i'm always a little embarrassed to be seeking out 'the facilities' upon arrival ... never demanding. i am mostly always early but not for a check in! i get into town and hang out elsewhere (like a starbucks! or, more preferably, a little place owned by locals) until it's time.

We don't have a common bathroom, so we have to at least let them have the keys to their room. We've had a couple of grumps that didn't want to climb the stairs to their rooms.

Yeah, I can totally relate to this. I really get annoyed easily with people having an attitude like this.

Yeah, I can totally relate to this. I really get annoyed easily with people having an attitude like this..
Quothatitch, I'm noticing the vehicle in your avatar against the vehicle in mine, that really prompted my comment.
No excuse for grumpy or demanding, but some have reached that age where the act of standing up can create an urgent need, just saying, if possible, be forgiving of old folks, it ain't always easy. I do understand both sides, as an older, tiny property, I don't have a public bathroom available to offer, if a guest, hopefully I can get them a room key and return to sign in officially.

Back