There are no Italians in Italy...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
...they are all here. Unbelievable. Every walk-in today has been from Italy. And that's 5 walk-ins. Yesterday it was 3. Is there some sort of national vacation there?

haha!
did any come up there from here? i told them all about your place.
we had six a few days ago ......

haha!
did any come up there from here? i told them all about your place.
we had six a few days ago .......
I don't know. No one mentioned where they had been and I've only been able to take a couple of them. Mostly because of the kids. I can't fit 5 in a room. Tonight's couple was in K-bunk yesterday.

Actually yes, most Italians do go on holiday in August. It is too hot in the cities and they head for the countryside. In this case with the Euro such a deal they are ALL coming to YOU!!!!

Yep, Catlady has it 100% correct. If you visit Italy, or anywhere in Europ in August everything is closed for the month. having 6 weeks paid vacation a year is nice.

2 families just stopped in and asked if we had rooms. At 10:30 in the morning. I'm full again for tonight and I haven't even cleaned yet. They took the rooms sight unseen and no arguments about price. And one person is on crutches (looks like MS-related) and there was not a comment about stairs.

Yes, August is holiday month. I just had honeymooners from Italy and now have a foursome. I get two more tomorrow and more again next week.
Italians are right up there amongst my very favorite guests!! Two years ago I hosted two couples from Italy over Christmas. We had lots of fun - I cooked Christmas dinner for them. They were here because they'd been to Tofino before and just loved it so decided it would be a nice place to enjoy Christmas.

Yes, August is holiday month. I just had honeymooners from Italy and now have a foursome. I get two more tomorrow and more again next week.
Italians are right up there amongst my very favorite guests!! Two years ago I hosted two couples from Italy over Christmas. We had lots of fun - I cooked Christmas dinner for them. They were here because they'd been to Tofino before and just loved it so decided it would be a nice place to enjoy Christmas..
ginocat said:
Italians are right up there amongst my very favorite guests!! Two years ago I hosted two couples from Italy over Christmas. We had lots of fun - I cooked Christmas dinner for them. They were here because they'd been to Tofino before and just loved it so decided it would be a nice place to enjoy Christmas.
What do you serve for breakfast? They have all eaten the pancakes but I know they don't eat big breakfasts.

Italians are right up there amongst my very favorite guests!! Two years ago I hosted two couples from Italy over Christmas. We had lots of fun - I cooked Christmas dinner for them. They were here because they'd been to Tofino before and just loved it so decided it would be a nice place to enjoy Christmas..
ginocat said:
What do you serve for breakfast? They have all eaten the pancakes but I know they don't eat big breakfasts.
I serve what I normally serve. I don't modify breakfasts for countries. Part of travel, in my mind, is experiencing what other people do, how they live and what they eat. Sometimes they don't eat the whole portion but they all seem to enjoy the food.

ginocat said:
Do you have an nutella???? LOVE IT!!!
In Italy a typical breakfast we had was a variety of breads, cheeses, some cold cuts and blood orange juice. A few of the hotels did scrambled eggs for us. And we always had fresh fruit. Here's a recipe from Giada:
[td][td] Mini Frittatas Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis[/td] [/tr] See this recipe on air Tuesday Sep. 09 at 4:30 PM ET/PT.[/td] [/tr] Show: [/td] Everyday Italian [/td] [/tr] Episode: [/td] Breakfast [/td] [/tr] [/td] [/tr] [/table] [/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [tr] [/td] [/tr] [tr] [/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
8 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
showlist_icon.gif

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces thinly sliced ham, chopped
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 mini muffin tins (each with 24 cups) with nonstick spray. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Stir in the ham, cheese, and parsley. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter. Serve immediately.
[/td][/tr][/table]

ginocat said:
I serve what I normally serve. I don't modify breakfasts for countries. Part of travel, in my mind, is experiencing what other people do, how they live and what they eat. Sometimes they don't eat the whole portion but they all seem to enjoy the food.
ginocat said:
I don't want to serve an 'Italian' breakfast, just wondering if you noticed they liked some things more than others.

ginocat said:
ginocat said:
I don't want to serve an 'Italian' breakfast, just wondering if you noticed they liked some things more than others.
I think they are just like everybody else. ISo far I can't say there's been a preference. I alternate a sweet breakfast with a savoury and always serve a fresh, unadulterated fruit course which is always appreciated.
I have so many Europeans here. Many are used to just bread and cold stuff. All seem to enjoy the different things I give them.

ginocat said:
ginocat said:
Why not ask them? Don't make more trouble for yourself. they are in America, do your thing and I am sure it will be fine.

ginocat said:
ginocat said:
Why not ask them? Don't make more trouble for yourself. they are in America, do your thing and I am sure it will be fine.
I'm not sure if your comment is directed at me but I don't have problems and I'm not about to ask people what they want for breakfast. LOL!!!

ginocat said:
ginocat said:
I'm not sure if your comment is directed at me but I don't have problems and I'm not about to ask people what they want for breakfast. LOL!!!
NOpe..it was for the PITA MAgnet...bree...sorry.
devil_smile.gif

ginocat said:
ginocat said:
I think they are just like everybody else. ISo far I can't say there's been a preference. I alternate a sweet breakfast with a savoury and always serve a fresh, unadulterated fruit course which is always appreciated.
I have so many Europeans here. Many are used to just bread and cold stuff. All seem to enjoy the different things I give them.
I find some just light right up when they hear it's blueberry pancakes. So, I guess they're thinking that's a 'real' Maine breakfast. I'm too tired to think right now, so that's what it is tomorrow...

ginocat said:
ginocat said:
devil_smile.gif

catlady said:
devil_smile.gif
Stop calling me that! It's like a jinx on me!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

ginocat said:
ginocat said:
devil_smile.gif

catlady said:
devil_smile.gif
Stop calling me that! It's like a jinx on me!
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I apologize...you are a WONDERFUL PERSON...who has just experienced a really tough week!!!! Hang in there![/h3]
kiss.gif
heart.gif
kiss.gif

Back