There's No Place Like Home

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
Amazingly (long story) I get to have my very own retreat this Thursday and Friday. Away. No kids. Overnight. I am overwhelmingly ready to go.
But I don't need to go far... just away.
And I'd like to soak in a tub, preferably jetted, although that's not as important as that it's long. (I got to use a whirlpool tub this past weekend... short, and astonishingly uncomfortable!)
So, do a search, and then another, and then another... what do I find? College House Bed and Breakfast!
Well, at least I'm coming up in searches!
But staying here won't do it...
And also astonishing how few B&B's (or even motels/hotels for that matter) give details about the bathrooms. Private? En suite? WITH a tub?
Ugh.
But I'm going...
=)
Kk.

Are you talking Wednesday night, Thursday night? Or Thursday night, Friday night?

Are you talking Wednesday night, Thursday night? Or Thursday night, Friday night?.
penelope said:
Are you talking Wednesday night, Thursday night? Or Thursday night, Friday night?
Just Thursday night, but I can be away all day. So I need to find a place where I can either check in early and leave late, or a place with a pool and restaurant, or a place near a library (any library). Looking at Landoll's Mohican Castle now, but it's not cheap (even with their winter special). I might go to Mohican S.P. Lodge, but no whirlpools. (They do have tubs. I called and asked.)
=)
Kk.

I know where the tub is long (not jetted though) in an ensuite bathroom where you will be left alone (DH will be muzzled), early as you want check-in, late as you want check-out, great food, and cannot beat the price and not terrible far away.

I thought about it! But 4 hours is too far, and although your dh would be muzzled in this case he's not the one who'll be the problem...
Maybe next time... but thanks!!
=)
Kk.

I thought about it! But 4 hours is too far, and although your dh would be muzzled in this case he's not the one who'll be the problem...
Maybe next time... but thanks!!
=)
Kk..
I understand the 4 hours part. I have band rehearsal Thursday and do know how to disappear when needed. In this instance, you KNOW what you need. Do it whatever the cost because it sounds like one of those instances.

I hope you find a place! We all need to run away from home from time to time
regular_smile.gif

We are really not that far and we are night for night.
Come stay with us and we will pamper you and give you space for yourself.

Come stay with us and we will pamper you and give you space for yourself..
sandynn said:
Come stay with us and we will pamper you and give you space for yourself.
Thank you so much for the invite! But I'm all set to go to another Night for Night inn about an hour south of me. (And I can hardly wait!!)
=)
Kk.

I am glad you had your retreat. They help a LOT!! It is wonderful you had everything you NEEDED to regroup. Welcome back.

I'm back from my "retreat" and it was fabulous!!!! I stayed in a cabin! With a real fireplace and a huge air jetted tub!
I had two duffle bags to carry a change of clothes and some jammies... because I took enough reading to last me at least a week (even as fast as I read!).
Wish it could have been longer, but considering the state of the house when I returned, probably a good thing I didn't.
I just hope I don't have to wait 5-6 years for my next one!
=)
Kk.

Back