They called back!:)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
Hope everyone's Easter was wonderful. Ours was, had family over and re-painted two rooms in the main house. Since we will not have the guest house to rent rooms anymore and thinking into the future (plus had family in those rooms) we fixed them up and made some "wishes" for the furture of the upstairs to rent the rooms.
Anyway, been praying alot lately and it was such a simple thing to do, just the Lord's Prayer and a Hail Mary every time I thought that things where getting me down I would just say those two prayers over and over until the feeling supsided and end it always with "Your will be done"....am working at the time part time for a merchandising company and my boss said that they would be hiring a FT merchandiser and giving them a raise and gas mileage..I thought! Great, I really really need a FT job, but they came back saying that it would be the same pay and no gas mileage...I said I would not take the job. Anyway since then its been kind of "WHY?!" if you all know what I mean...I just want to make the bills and the mourning of not being able to open this year was just another let down.
Then believe it or not an e-mail changed everything! The Inn that we where interviewing with in early March e-mailed us back stating that they had to hire a temp and where ready to hire a FT Innkeeper and we where one of the top candidates. Imagine that! I was just so surprised cause I really thought well its not just not in the cards right now but God knows what He is doing. Now, I know its not that we are hired, but just the thought that we may have a job in the field that we love so much is just amazing.
So here we go again, keep us in your thoughts as we go through the process.
Thanks in adavance:)

That is wonderful! Will be say a Hail Mary for you!!!
wink_smile.gif

i do not pray in the manner spoken above ...
but i will certainly hope for good things to come your way.

Thanks so much all of you! We GOT THE JOB!!!!!
Now for the details of getting there and all the other stuff...but Arkansas here we come...I hear its WARM there and FLAT? Any B & B's that can take us in the middle of our drive? We are in WV.
We are excited and scared at the same time...feels like the first time we where expecting our firsts guests.

Now for the details of getting there and all the other stuff...but Arkansas here we come...I hear its WARM there and FLAT? Any B & B's that can take us in the middle of our drive? We are in WV.
We are excited and scared at the same time...feels like the first time we where expecting our firsts guests..
Best to you both.

yay!!! this is great! i hope you can post again soon with some details about the place.
regular_smile.gif

We are planning a visit there for next weekend, they said we dont need to come see it, but if we are going to take this assignment on a long term basis I don't think it would be wise not to go at least see where we would be living right?
The trip from here to there is about 11 hours long and our midpoint is Knocksville TN-anyone out there in that area or close to Rt 40?
What should we be looking at? I mean they've been through three Innkeepers since '05 do you think its just that they where not the right ones?
Want to go there with some insight...
Again- THANKS IN ADVANCE

Fingers crossed for you! However if it has been a high turnover of staff you may have a job of work ahead of you but that isn't a bad thing necessarily I like something to get my teeth into. Just make sure you can mesh well with the owners (ie what are their ideas about a maintenance budget?) And is it a personality clash that turns over the staff? Hopefully everything will be fine and best of luck

We are planning a visit there for next weekend, they said we dont need to come see it, but if we are going to take this assignment on a long term basis I don't think it would be wise not to go at least see where we would be living right?
The trip from here to there is about 11 hours long and our midpoint is Knocksville TN-anyone out there in that area or close to Rt 40?
What should we be looking at? I mean they've been through three Innkeepers since '05 do you think its just that they where not the right ones?
Want to go there with some insight...
Again- THANKS IN ADVANCE.
You haven't actually been to the inn???? Why would you take a position someplace where you have never seen it yet??? Make sure you have everything in WRITING....contracts etc...but I think you know that don't you:) Turnover is bound to happen..hopefully it isn't because they didn't have support from the owners. Ask lots of questions.

Catlady-we've tentatively accepted the position and can say no if we don't like what we see.
The owner lives in CA so no owner close by although an assistant that works closely with owner and innkeepers. Thanks Camberley--we have been writing questions on and off all day.

You have done the absolute most sensible thing. that way you can get a proper feel for the thing. Plus you can guarantee you think of a dozen questions between now and when you go. Fingers crossed.

We are excited and scared at the same time...feels like the first time we where expecting our firsts guests..
birdwatcher said:
We are excited and scared at the same time...feels like the first time we where expecting our firsts guests.
Birdwatcher, that's just a lovely lovely inn. The entire complex including the event facility next door to the inn and the gardens are wonderful. I'm sure you're going to love it there!
It is indeed flat (on the delta) and it will be quite warm in the summer. But really really a nice little town and just a lovely inn.

Back