They Get Younger and Younger!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
3 of my 4 rooms are filled with honeymooners. Two of them are married just today. The ones that just checked in are babies!! She's 19 and he's 21. Boy, am I feeling old!
It's a night like this that I'm really glad we live in a separate building...
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I know how you feel. About 10 years ago I ran out of gas on I-70 and as I got back to my car with a can of gas (a semi gave me a ride back), an Ohio State trooper was standing by the car. He helped me get the gas poured into the tank - held the gas flapper back with his pen while I poured. The very next day, my girlfriend and I were pulled over to look at some "hawks". Another trooper pulled up behind us to ask what we were doing and to tell us we should be standing on the other side of the car. When I said we were watching the hawks, he told us they were buzzards. OK, we got in the car and drove off. BOTH troopers were so young we had to toss them back - too young to keep!

Yes, it stings when you realize one day that everybody you dealt with that day was younger than you are, that all the top movie and music stars are younger than you are, that even the President is younger than you are!

Yes but every once in a while you get a good one...
Was at the doctor for a slew of tests this past week, the young nurse didn't know me and asked if I was related to Dr M (my late BIL who died several years ago and who's practice the current doc took over upon his untimely death)...asked if I was I his daughter????? ooooo that felt so good!!!!
Almost made me forget why I was there!
Then I moved and my body quicky reminded me.
On the other hand my middle one a DD graduated HS this past week, commencement was yesterday. I was one of the older parents in the auditorium. Scary how many HS students have siblings in diapers - at least I hope they were siblings. :-0

I love wedding nights and honeymooners, ADORE THEM! They will love every second, now that the stress is past...

Breakfast Diva said:
The ones that just checked in are babies!! She's 19 and he's 21. Boy, am I feeling old!
I know the feeling.
It's the annual Rock Ness festival in our village this weekend. 3 days, 35,000 people and not a single band on the line-up that I've heard of. Makes me feel very old.

I was 19 when I got married. My dd is going to be 14 in August...talk about a wake-up call
cry_smile.gif

I was 19 when I got married. My dd is going to be 14 in August...talk about a wake-up call
cry_smile.gif
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
It was really wonderful to have both of the kids off to college before I hit 40. While I still had some energy left!

cry_smile.gif
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
It was really wonderful to have both of the kids off to college before I hit 40. While I still had some energy left!
Madeleine said:
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
I would have killed for that!
As it is I will have three in college when I hit 51 next year. Not as much energy left but they aren't digging my grave yet.

cry_smile.gif
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
As it is I will have three in college when I hit 51 next year. Not as much energy left but they aren't digging my grave yet.
Yeah but look at all the fun stuff you did in your 20's while I was changing diapers and chasing toddlers around the house! And trying to sleep in the morning after working night shifts.

cry_smile.gif
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
Yeah but look at all the fun stuff you did in your 20's while I was changing diapers and chasing toddlers around the house! And trying to sleep in the morning after working night shifts.
Sleep? What was that? I was 29 when I married DH. that Fall the twins started Kindergarten = one was put in morning K and the other was in afternoon K and I worked graveyard shift with a 2 yo at home. At 48 I was "free at last!!!"

Fun? What was that, I was a workaholic. Oldest was born when I was 25, the other two would have been sooner but medical issues prevented. Drs said too many xrays don't mix with pregnancy.
But life is good, cause I AM NO LONGER THE CHAUFFER!!!!
DS got DL yesterday, I don't have to schlep anyone to work anymore! whoo hoo, mommy gets to stay at home and not drive this one here or that one there, and DD does not have to drive DS to work and pick him up at 10 at night. It is all good in my book even if he took my car!

cry_smile.gif
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Penelope said:
cry_smile.gif
That's what we are hoping for. Sort of....
broken_heart.gif

Wow! That young couple I told you about just checked out. They told me that the kiss they did in the ceremony was THE FIRST KISS! I mean ever!
Boy, I was a real party animal in comparison! LOL

Wow! That young couple I told you about just checked out. They told me that the kiss they did in the ceremony was THE FIRST KISS! I mean ever!
Boy, I was a real party animal in comparison! LOL.
Breakfast Diva said:
Bless 'em!
Starting out right, good for them.

Breakfast Diva said:
Bless 'em!
They were very cute together!

Breakfast Diva said:
Bless 'em!
Breakfast Diva said:
Reminds me of some of the Old Order of German Baptists here (not trying to cross the theology line, Swirt), but in the movie about moonshiners "LAWLESS" that will be out in August about our county and moonshine conspiracy trial etc, the one stumbled into a foot washing ceremony at the church drunken as all and ends up falling in love with this very devout girl.
Anyway, just thought I would share totally off topic...

Breakfast Diva said:
They'd never kissed before? That is just plain stupid.

I was 20 when I got married, my dh was 30. I am getting even younger as he gets older. LOL!
teeth_smile.gif

I did wait 8 years before having kids though...

Back