They haven't even checked in yet and I've already got a headache

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tex......
I 100% agree with you the hospitality and providing to the comfort of guests
This was not about any health issue.
It was about a late scheduling guest giving a hard time about not having a particular room they wanted for the full 3 nights stay.......Due to that room being booked in advance of them for their 3rd night.
As far as the apnea goes.....it realy is a none issue......I haven't seen all that many rooms that did not have a night stand and a light and possibly a clock........There would be electric for those items....no?
Sleeping upright?......can do that with any bed.
You would not have been able to plug in your CPAP machine or whatever where I just stayed. Seriously...
Unless you were an Eagle Scout and had brought a power strip with you and had crawled under the bed and managed to get your arm to the plug which was directly behind the post at the head of a bed which was made out of extremely heavy oak.
Samster said:
You would not have been able to plug in your CPAP machine or whatever where I just stayed. Seriously...
Unless you were an Eagle Scout and had brought a power strip with you and had crawled under the bed and managed to get your arm to the plug which was directly behind the post at the head of a bed which was made out of extremely heavy oak.
My point exactly. We just need to be cognizant of these kinds of issues.
Quite honestly, though we have bedside tables AND accessible plugs, we never even thought about a CPAP machine when we placed the plugs.
There is another thread currently running about electronic items (i.e. computers, iphones, ipads etc.) in the rooms and their requirements. I guess we really need to start thinking 21st century in regards to the possible needs of our guest.
My plan is to put floor-level wall plugs on each side of the bed for permanent fixtures (lamp, clock radio, etc.) and also put several plugs up at night stand level for guests to use.
Same arrangement at the desk. I'll have empty sockets available at table top level for plugging in the guest's stuff (laptop, charge phone, etc.).
These waist-level plugs should also be handy for housekeeping to plug in the vacuum and other appliances.
My plan is to put floor-level wall plugs on each side of the bed for permanent fixtures (lamp, clock radio, etc.) and also put several plugs up at night stand level for guests to use.
Same arrangement at the desk. I'll have empty sockets available at table top level for plugging in the guest's stuff (laptop, charge phone, etc.).
These waist-level plugs should also be handy for housekeeping to plug in the vacuum and other appliances.
That is an excellent idea!

Tex......
It was about a late scheduling guest giving a hard time about not having a particular room they wanted for the full 3 nights stay.......Due to that room being booked in advance of them for their 3rd night.
As far as the apnea goes.....it realy is a none issue......I haven't seen all that many rooms that did not have a night stand and a light and possibly a clock........There would be electric for those items....no?
Samster said:
Quite honestly, though we have bedside tables AND accessible plugs, we never even thought about a CPAP machine when we placed the plugs.
There is another thread currently running about electronic items (i.e. computers, iphones, ipads etc.) in the rooms and their requirements. I guess we really need to start thinking 21st century in regards to the possible needs of our guest.
gillumhouse said:
I know. I got the idea here, several months ago!

Tex......
Samster said:
There's an advantage to any kind of power strip or whatever with surge protection, too. If your area is prone to electrical storms, they could be very useful.

Well they're gone...She insisted she left her mobile phone cord in the room she moved from. There was no cord left behind. Suggested she may have packed it in one of her supersized suitcases. Oh no I didn't pack it. Next morning, she says she did indeed find it. OH MY. Bad juju has left the house and it feels good. Filled up last night with a new energy. Yea!! We survived another PITA. Patience is being tested, it's getting towards the end of season and we're counting the days until vacation. 54!! Happy Sunday all!

Back