Things are happening!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Hubs finished painting the ceiling in our bedroom! Yippee! He thought it was going to need 2 coats because of the soot from the previous misuse of the woodstove but it looks great after one coat! No more big black soot marks! Now he's eyeing the living room because the bedroom looks SO much better!
Then, tonight, after we used out 2 for 1 special at Ruby Tuesdays, we went to Home Depot and got new lights for the bedroom and picked out Pergo-type flooring for the whole upstairs! Also got the color cards to pick out a wall color for the bedroom.
Oh boy! After 4 years, finally new walls and floors and ceilings!
Samster... very curious now where you got the bedding and drapes in 'my' room? I STILL love that look and have the postcard tacked on the bb over my desk.

I can smell the paint from here. Most people wouldn't get it, but that really is HUGE! You will be so happy! It is a boost for you for the rest of the year to go into a freshened room like that! Don't let him stall or stop.

Good job! Our area is still a hell hole.
sad_smile.gif

Drapes were here when we bought the house actually but the valances were from....Lowes! The black toile & coordinating shams and dust ruffle I ordered online from a company that sells bedroom sets - Waverly. I don't have it saved to my favorites on this computer!! It's not one of the B&B vendors like Domestications either. I'll try and find it for you. I've seen the black toile several places though, including JC Penney's at one time.
Just makes you feel so much better when your area is nice, doesn't it? :)

I can smell the paint from here. Most people wouldn't get it, but that really is HUGE! You will be so happy! It is a boost for you for the rest of the year to go into a freshened room like that! Don't let him stall or stop..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I can smell the paint from here. Most people wouldn't get it, but that really is HUGE! You will be so happy! It is a boost for you for the rest of the year to go into a freshened room like that! Don't let him stall or stop.
The wallpaper has been down for 5 months now. I think even he is fired up now that he sees how nice it is. He's even said he might not go out tomorrow but get the new lights put up and prep the walls for paint.
And, yes, you CAN smell the paint from there. It's way too much and we can't open the windows at night (too cold). There's no place to get away from it, it's everywhere. I guess I could sleep in the inn on the couch (not gonna mess up a bed!)
When I do the walls, I'm getting a low VOC paint.

sad_smile.gif

Drapes were here when we bought the house actually but the valances were from....Lowes! The black toile & coordinating shams and dust ruffle I ordered online from a company that sells bedroom sets - Waverly. I don't have it saved to my favorites on this computer!! It's not one of the B&B vendors like Domestications either. I'll try and find it for you. I've seen the black toile several places though, including JC Penney's at one time.
Just makes you feel so much better when your area is nice, doesn't it? :).
I don't think JCP's toile is as nice as yours, tho.
Oh, the rest of the place is still a disaster, but I got most of the books boxed up for the library sale and I've got a couple of boxes ready for Goodwill, too. Which means the spare bedroom is almost usable again. And hubs cleared out a lot of the basement crapola. The rest is going to the ReStore for Habitat. (All good house 'parts'.)

sad_smile.gif

Just makes you feel so much better when your area is nice, doesn't it? :).
I don't think JCP's toile is as nice as yours, tho.
Oh, the rest of the place is still a disaster, but I got most of the books boxed up for the library sale and I've got a couple of boxes ready for Goodwill, too. Which means the spare bedroom is almost usable again. And hubs cleared out a lot of the basement crapola. The rest is going to the ReStore for Habitat. (All good house 'parts'.)
Good deal! The heat of Summer will be when we hopefully will attack de-crapifying the garage and some other big things. I am working on the den after tomorrow though as my innkeeping assistant (ds 25) will need a place to stay when the full house is here. At least want to get it where it's a nice place for him to crash on the sleep sofa :)

Congratulations!! It feels sooooo good when we actually get something for us! I could not believe how much bigger my kitchen looked after the new cabinet went in - and it is bigger than what was there! But it is light in color and has storage IN it instead of all the crap on it.
I am going to be brave an take photos of my bathroom BEFORE and then if and when I get it done will post the before and after so you will see why I have cried for a bathroom.
Changed hosting company and the domain change went through on the 6th and did not realize it. Now i know why I did not have hundreds of e-mails waiting for me yesterday. They did not transfer to the old hosting address. And now I know why people say the heck with it and stay locked in to inferior - the change is painful. Tomorrow when I am conscious I will need to make the pop3 changes. Pray for me!

I can smell the paint from here. Most people wouldn't get it, but that really is HUGE! You will be so happy! It is a boost for you for the rest of the year to go into a freshened room like that! Don't let him stall or stop..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
The wallpaper has been down for 5 months now. I think even he is fired up now that he sees how nice it is. He's even said he might not go out tomorrow but get the new lights put up and prep the walls for paint.
And, yes, you CAN smell the paint from there. It's way too much and we can't open the windows at night (too cold). There's no place to get away from it, it's everywhere. I guess I could sleep in the inn on the couch (not gonna mess up a bed!)
When I do the walls, I'm getting a low VOC paint.
I just repainted 2 rooms in my Guesthouse that I opened almost 4 years ago..
I used a Great paint no VOC's, A little spendy a Gallon, But its Beautiful and no smell.
I had them also add 3 teaspoons of clear vanilla when mixing so it smells like candy!
www.mythicpaint.com
I got some great samples prior-:)
Good Luck!

I started painting the walls today. Got 3/4 of one wall done in 2 hours. Uh oh. Lots of up and down on the ladder to move it along to do the cutting in. Then crawling around on the floor to cut in around the radiator and baseboard trim in a space I am no longer designed to fit!
But, boy oh boy, does it look nice! It's really encouraging...no more speckled walls.

Congrats Bree. We are getting ready to do alot of what you are doing next week. We have my daughter staying with us for a spell (long story) and we have to move her in our quarters above the kitchen and we will be moving to the other side of the house where there are three bedrooms. Two of the bedrooms are connected and we are planning to take the connecting wall out and make it like a suite type room. We will have a sitting area with a bedroom. Now the bathroom we will have to tackle maybe next year. It will be kind of hard to get used to a new living space, but hey when she moves out we can rent it as a suite and have the other room as a library/media room.
Don't you love what just a little paint does? It creates a whole new atmosphere!

I started painting the walls today. Got 3/4 of one wall done in 2 hours. Uh oh. Lots of up and down on the ladder to move it along to do the cutting in. Then crawling around on the floor to cut in around the radiator and baseboard trim in a space I am no longer designed to fit!
But, boy oh boy, does it look nice! It's really encouraging...no more speckled walls..
Yippee!!
cheers.gif

S-i-L redid our deck today. He took the whole thing apart. cut 1 inch off the supports at the door and 1 1/2 inches at the driveway side so the water will drain off better.
He went up into the attic and said i have a drip - not a leak. He thinks the peak of the roof needs a repair, not a new roof. Thank goodness!
Off to wrap Christmas presents. I want to have Christmas while they are here so I can see stuff opened.

S-i-L redid our deck today. He took the whole thing apart. cut 1 inch off the supports at the door and 1 1/2 inches at the driveway side so the water will drain off better.
He went up into the attic and said i have a drip - not a leak. He thinks the peak of the roof needs a repair, not a new roof. Thank goodness!
Off to wrap Christmas presents. I want to have Christmas while they are here so I can see stuff opened..
YAY!!

Off to wrap Christmas presents. I want to have Christmas while they are here so I can see stuff opened..
YAY!!
Monday while we were in Morgantown for a Dr appt for DH, my daughter and her friend re-organized my kitchen and dining room. I discovered this when I went to wrap a hand-blown Christmas ornament that I knew "exactly where it is" and it was not there.After about 15 min. of search I found it in the tea hutch behind some tea. I was a nice Mom and said nothing but.....
Everyone liked their Christmas presents. I had taken pictures of them at teh farm to see the camel and then at the playground at the park. I had planned to print off a set but due to having to go back to reenter my phone number I ended up ordering 2 sets. Worked out great! I gave one set to daughter and the other set to her friend. They were laughing at those photos until they were crying! And they were often looking at the same picture as the gales of laughter exploded!
Now I can remove 4 days of an almost 3 year old - another thread.

Bedroom is done! Painting anyway. Next week I get my new desk and hang up some nice wall art, including a 100 year old quilt I haven't had out in 4 years.
Then on to the kitchen!

Back