Things I don't understand

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the housekeepers be honest and tell you now? Just write it off as a bad experience. Since they come there often they will want to know if the housekeepers got the gratuity, and really they shouldn't if they didn't change the sheets. If they didn't, I would personally not give them that $, but the guest is the one who said to give it to them, so then you have to.
I FIND HAIRS on sheets when I put a new set on, someone who sheds much before I washed them, and the sheets go round and round in the washer then cling in the dryer...I pull hairs off - more than I would like to admit. I make the beds, so I see them.
Let us know what you end up doing....
Unfortunately, it is rare that I do not find a hair on my newly washed napkins. As far as I know, I catch it before they go to the table.

Wrinkles vs slept on wrinkles are two diff things, not sure a guest could spot the diff, but we can.
Every hotel I have ever been in has the worst wrinkled sheets on the bed, with a few exceptions. The place near Harrisonburg VA, just a family hotel, had pressed sheets and you could immediately tell!!
Sorry but the arrogance of pushing the $50 tip and telling you that, really, just makes me mad. I would be mad, a sick feeling and mad..
Even though I iron the pillow cases and the top part of the sheet, by the time I pile on the decorative pillows, I wonder if anyone can tell, because they wrinkle again.

I'm late to this discussion but I tend to think that it's a case of coming off as the "bigger person" by making the complaint, but leaving a nice tip in spite of it. There are just some people that nit pick and have to say something!
We iron our sheets here and STILL there is the occasional hair or piece of lint that gets missed or decides to attach itself to the sheet. I also have a lint roller that I keep in the cleaning caddy when I make up the rooms. I have one set King size sheets that are soft and they seem to attract everything! And about the wrinkles...even with ironing there are always some wrinkles from being folded but you can definitely tell the difference.
If you know your staff, I would trust them that they changed the sheets and chalk the whole thing up to the guest being a nit picker. ;-)

Back