Things worthy of bringing to innkeepers attention or not?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tip for under the bed - my knees do not let me get down to look under our beds, so I have a hand mirror I use to check under them for left-behinds..
gillumhouse said:
A tip for under the bed - my knees do not let me get down to look under our beds, so I have a hand mirror I use to check under them for left-behinds.
Ooooh! Usually that's the ds6x2's job, but sometimes I'm stuck. Thanks for the tip!!
The cabin we stayed at for 9 nights had no hangers at all, one door that wouldn't latch unless you locked the deadbolt, a couple of burnt out light bulbs, and some other minor things. I only mentioned the door to the housekeeping staff, and wouldn't have mentioned the other stuff but they had a "how are we doing" survey. I gave them great marks on politeness... and made a list on the back of stuff to be looked at.
We also left the 10 hangers we got at the dollar store in the closet. What is it about hangers? I didn't think I used them much until I traveled to places that don't provide any!
=)
Kk.
YS The cabins we stay in don't keep hangers either and those you left they will most likely get rid of too.
Joey Bloggs said:
YS The cabins we stay in don't keep hangers either and those you left they will most likely get rid of too.
But the B&B we stayed at in November had none, either! And where was I supposed to hang my winter coat?
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
But the B&B we stayed at in November had none, either! And where was I supposed to hang my winter coat?
=)
Kk.
B&B's are another story, yes they should all have hangers.

I definitely would mention anything broken or not working properly. The innkeeper just might not know.
We had a running toilet in a suite that apparently only happened with repeated use by the guests. We never picked up on the problem when cleaning the room. oops... It really annoyed one guest in particular. We just couldn't re-create the problem! We ended up just going ahead and replacing the entire mechanism on the toilet. We pretty much checked everything while cleaning the rooms, too. How the showers ran, tub faucet, sink faucet and hardware, lights, fans, TVs, remotes, etc. Stuff happens....
I would never mention a skimpy breakfast. I would just end up being dissatisfied with the experience.

The one and only time I complained was when my husband and I went away for a much needed overnight at the end of a very busy season. The room had a jacuzzi and we were instructed how to use it. We were having a very relaxing soak at 9:45 p.m. when the innkeeper came banging on the door to tell us to turn it off as it was making too much noise for the people in the next room. The innkeeper never mentioned a usage time when checking us in. He just assumed we would know that 9:45 was too late.
angry_smile.gif
Ruined our stay completely.

Back