Things you did when you were new...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I saw this on a website and got a chuckle out of it. Best laid plans and all of that, yeah warn people who don't read and who don't care:
"A minimum of 7 Day notice needed for special dietary needs."

Personally from me:
When I was new, and people acted alarmed that we were buying a B&B and would have strangers in our home, I thought I would speak to every guest over the phone and that way I could weed out the bad ones. LOL! Since then, in my ag-ed wisdom, the pita's all tend to arrive via the phone, the good and great ones via the online reservations.

That is just asking for problems. So what happens when the guest doesn't tell them? I would be curious as to that innkeeper's response to them. What do their TA reviews look like? :)

Personally from me:
When I was new, and people acted alarmed that we were buying a B&B and would have strangers in our home, I thought I would speak to every guest over the phone and that way I could weed out the bad ones. LOL! Since then, in my ag-ed wisdom, the pita's all tend to arrive via the phone, the good and great ones via the online reservations..
Joey Bloggs said:
Personally from me:
When I was new, and people acted alarmed that we were buying a B&B and would have strangers in our home, I thought I would speak to every guest over the phone and that way I could weed out the bad ones. LOL! Since then, in my ag-ed wisdom, the pita's all tend to arrive via the phone, the good and great ones via the online reservations.
I found that to be ture also, most phone reservation end up being pitas.

I still get most of my reservations via phone but only 2 have been in the DNR Pita category in 15 years. One should have looked at a map first (had 2 more like that with online reservations tis July but cut them off at the pass when I called for cc# - I knew where THEY were) and the other I broke my no pet policy for a 4 pound dog - should have known THAT was the size that would pee on my rugs, and it did!

Back