Things you have made on Vistaprint lately?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Is there anything nifty you have made or seen from Vista Print lately? I have a hand printed little door note I am thinking of having printed up by them, so I thought I would ask before I start the process, there may be something clever y'all have thought up?

Just made large postcards for our vacation rental, and smaller ones for our starting soon weekend by-reservation-only breakfasts. I always use them for business cards and brochures. I like the freedom of design possibilites. And right now, free photo uploads. (till the 15th I think)

Just made large postcards for our vacation rental, and smaller ones for our starting soon weekend by-reservation-only breakfasts. I always use them for business cards and brochures. I like the freedom of design possibilites. And right now, free photo uploads. (till the 15th I think).
NW postcards for the guest to mail? Or postcards you mail to the guest?
I did have some I mailed as thank you cards, not sure if I will make any more up or not.

Just made large postcards for our vacation rental, and smaller ones for our starting soon weekend by-reservation-only breakfasts. I always use them for business cards and brochures. I like the freedom of design possibilites. And right now, free photo uploads. (till the 15th I think).
I did have some I mailed as thank you cards, not sure if I will make any more up or not.
I did some postcards with a recipe on the back of it to give guests - they could mail it but usually kept it. I used the postcards as an insert in "goodie" bags for a bankers Conference and one with a photo of guests with a trike with an offer for a trike rally. Signs on my car and we use this postcard as a biz card for DH - it is one of his paintings (24 x 36 matted & framed) - photography sucks (me) but it is good enough to make people go "Ahhhhh!"
EmailTriumph.jpg

The vacation rental postcard to mail to previous guests, an announcement of a new service. The breakfast postcards to put in the rooms of a nearby place that doesn't have a kitchen to do meals.

We have business cards printed, they sit onnthe side in the hall for people to take with them. We get through quite a lot.
However, I know from my own experience that they tend to get thrown in a draw or they sit in wallet until my wallet gets to thick and then I tend to throw them out. So for the last 12 months or so we've been making our own personalised key rings. I but the blanks of eBay in boxes of 100s and then print inserts on my own printer. They look good and they go down quick, quicker than business cards.
Although more expensive I'm sure people are more likely to keep them and therefore more likely to be prop ted by them to return. No real way of measuring this I can think of though. Have considered posting offers on the web site to people with a key ring.

I have gone from there to another online company to do custom print totes. There are so many out there now from cotton, to recycled polyprop (ie water bottles). I just want text on it, not a photo or an image, so I will see what they can do. I will request they use it for shopping after they get home from their vacation/getaway. - If it works out -
from here

We use them to print business cards. I bought an external business card holder and labelled it and people come up the stairs to take a business card. Great publicity.

I do the fridge magnets when they come up as a free offer otherwise I think they are a bit expensive - my logic is they put them on their fridge so have our details under their eye all the time. I have my business cards done with them and we have postcards which we give away with our picture on as advertising ie they post them to someone else and advertise us. We do brochures with them as you can order them in 25's which is enough for the amount we use (ie very rare) though occasionally people ask for them for relatives etc so I have a few on hand reordering them when they are on free for 25. Just did some advertising business cards for my commercial street project and one of the choices was foils ie you can make the writing shiny looks cool but will see when it comes. We have one of those plastic things outside by the door for business cards its very popular when people just want info but don't want to speak to anyone and it means I don't have to get up double bonus!

We have business cards printed, they sit onnthe side in the hall for people to take with them. We get through quite a lot.
However, I know from my own experience that they tend to get thrown in a draw or they sit in wallet until my wallet gets to thick and then I tend to throw them out. So for the last 12 months or so we've been making our own personalised key rings. I but the blanks of eBay in boxes of 100s and then print inserts on my own printer. They look good and they go down quick, quicker than business cards.
Although more expensive I'm sure people are more likely to keep them and therefore more likely to be prop ted by them to return. No real way of measuring this I can think of though. Have considered posting offers on the web site to people with a key ring..
Thats a good idea but how would you know who had one? do you keep a data base? I am thinking of putting some sort of basket with free gifts in it for guests to help them selves ie low cost but with advertising on ie pens, fridge magnet, keyring, we get free corkscrews which look really classy from American Express, post cards that sort of thing but havn't yet thought of or seen a nice way to dispay them.

I have gone from there to another online company to do custom print totes. There are so many out there now from cotton, to recycled polyprop (ie water bottles). I just want text on it, not a photo or an image, so I will see what they can do. I will request they use it for shopping after they get home from their vacation/getaway. - If it works out -
from here.
took a look they are super prices! had some vistaprint ones when they were free but these are fab. Its all about getting your name in front of people and getting them to remember it!

I've used Vista to make refrigerator magnets and car magnets when they were offered for FREE and have thought about doing similar for advertising the B&B. I know I have stood in many a kitchen talking with a friend while she cooked and read her refrig magnets - and on occasion I have asked about one, "So did so-and-so do a good job for you? Were they reasonably priced?", that sort of thing. We found our last Realtor that way. A plumber, too, now that I think about it.
I was on Vista recently and was surprised at how little was free now. 5 years ago I got T-shirts, car magnets, 50 post cards, 25 gift certificates, notepads, and a lot more for FREE. It was well worth spending some time being creative for the nominal shipping prices they charged. Now...not so much so. Do y'all think the prces are cost effective now?

from here.
Who is the "another online company" that you use?

from here.
you just have to click the link.I took a look they are excellent price wise!

I've used Vista to make refrigerator magnets and car magnets when they were offered for FREE and have thought about doing similar for advertising the B&B. I know I have stood in many a kitchen talking with a friend while she cooked and read her refrig magnets - and on occasion I have asked about one, "So did so-and-so do a good job for you? Were they reasonably priced?", that sort of thing. We found our last Realtor that way. A plumber, too, now that I think about it.
I was on Vista recently and was surprised at how little was free now. 5 years ago I got T-shirts, car magnets, 50 post cards, 25 gift certificates, notepads, and a lot more for FREE. It was well worth spending some time being creative for the nominal shipping prices they charged. Now...not so much so. Do y'all think the prces are cost effective now?.
The trick is to wait for the emails they come about once a week thats the way to get the best deals.

from here.
you just have to click the link.I took a look they are excellent price wise!
ohhhh! I'm so goofy! I didn't realise that was a link....goofy!

Although more expensive I'm sure people are more likely to keep them and therefore more likely to be prop ted by them to return. No real way of measuring this I can think of though. Have considered posting offers on the web site to people with a key ring..
Also how do you make sure they fit in the key ring?

Trial and error.
The hardest thing is getting the photo on one side of the page and the text to print of the back. I print on thin paper and then hold pup to the light to check. Once I have it right I print on glossy card for the leyrings

Trial and error.
The hardest thing is getting the photo on one side of the page and the text to print of the back. I print on thin paper and then hold pup to the light to check. Once I have it right I print on glossy card for the leyrings
I have keychains that we put a paper on the inside. Instead of printing on both sides... I just fold :)

Back