Things you shouldn't do while cooking breakfast...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Things you shouldn't do while cooking breakfast...
Wear a cowl neck blouse
Explanation as follows:
Guests are seated at the table enjoying their first course. Innkeeper is in the kitchen preparing the main. She is multi-tasking, of course, because she is an innkeeper and that is what they do, right? She is simultaneously cooking to serve them hot:
  • scrambled eggs
  • pecan pancakes
  • sausage patties
The plates are garnished and ready to be plated.
She stirs the eggs, flips the 4 pancakes on the griddle, tests the sausage to make sure it is cooked through and piping hot...then...here it is folks...then, the innkeeper wearing the cowl neck blouse reaches over for her little tub of yoplait that she put blueberries in earlier so she doesn't pass out and neglect to eat again - reaches over for a quick spoonful. She thought she knew where her mouth was as she stretches over to grab the spoonful and it dribbles right off her lips into the dark brown cowl neck of the blouse. Meanwhile, guest from FLA decides to "Pop in" to the kitchen to ask "What is the history of this house?"

Yikes!! I'd blame it on the guest's "popping in". If anyone ever comes through our swinging door to the kitchen they are greeted with hubby's fist on the other side of it...seriously. In addition to the "Private" sign there is another that says DO NOT ENTER.
Geez.
Hope you at least got to finish your yogurt!

Do you ever have those roaming guests? They don't come down early to have coffee and look around (after getting in at 930pm), so they roam around during breakfast. Every time you go out to the dining table they are not there. Drives me nuts. I don't make anyone wait long between courses. This woman roamed and roamed. You are always cognizant of it in the back of your mind as you are focusing on cooking. So when she popped in, it was not really a big surprise. But I said I was cooking three things at once and would be right out - didn't want to burn their breakfast.
cry_smile.gif

Do you ever have those roaming guests? They don't come down early to have coffee and look around (after getting in at 930pm), so they roam around during breakfast. Every time you go out to the dining table they are not there. Drives me nuts. I don't make anyone wait long between courses. This woman roamed and roamed. You are always cognizant of it in the back of your mind as you are focusing on cooking. So when she popped in, it was not really a big surprise. But I said I was cooking three things at once and would be right out - didn't want to burn their breakfast.
cry_smile.gif
They drive me crazy. I go to put out the fruit course, gone. I bring out the main course, gone. Because we serve by order of arrival, if one table has a wanderer, I will bump them back so the other tables don't have to wait.

cry_smile.gif
That drives me nuts. We serve all one course so at least they only "surprise" me once. We tell you on the way in that once you sit that's our cue to bring your food, so at least they're warned. The longer I do this the more convinced I am that people are weird just for the sake of being weird. I no longer waste time trying to analyze "why". Whatever makes 'em happy...

Back