Think reservations vs Rezkey

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who is Think? Where are they located? I know nothing about them. They are $10 per room a month. Res Key Up to 10 units: $25 a month. Seems like reskey can do all think can cheaper..
EmptyNest said:
So who is Think? Where are they located? I know nothing about them. They are $10 per room a month. Res Key Up to 10 units: $25 a month. Seems like reskey can do all think can cheaper.
It's a couple of brothers. Not sure where they came from but they're the system of choice here in town. So I'd have a lot of help if I needed it. But you can't do deposits without a secondary interface like authorize.
More cost.

So who is Think? Where are they located? I know nothing about them. They are $10 per room a month. Res Key Up to 10 units: $25 a month. Seems like reskey can do all think can cheaper..
EmptyNest said:
So who is Think? Where are they located? I know nothing about them. They are $10 per room a month. Res Key Up to 10 units: $25 a month. Seems like reskey can do all think can cheaper.
It's a couple of brothers. Not sure where they came from but they're the system of choice here in town. So I'd have a lot of help if I needed it. But you can't do deposits without a secondary interface like authorize.
More cost.
Their website leaves a lot to be desired. I couldn't find much information that would make me want to choose them. Reskey gives you access to how to's and much more details about their system.

EmptyNest said:
More cost.
Their website leaves a lot to be desired. I couldn't find much information that would make me want to choose them. Reskey gives you access to how to's and much more details about their system.
Their website is quite limited, yes. Their documentation is located at https://secure.thinkreservations.com/help. One of the benefits with ThinkReservations is that they are a lot more involved. They will do demos of their system through screensharing and then do training sessions with you after signing up. They handle all the migration of data from an old system and do any work to match the booking engine with your website.
When we were comparing price we were comparing ResKey + MyAllocator price vs ThinkReservations which brings it more in line especially if not many rooms. ThinkReservations' price includes direct connections to Booking.com, Expedia, and BedandBreakfast.com. Certainly not the expansive list of MyAllocator, but it covers some of the biggest. ThinkReservations is also a bit more modern in appearance compared to ResKey.
There are pros and cons to both. Having looked closely at both I wouldn't really say one is better than the other.

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
I had never heard of them until I went to the Nashville conference. They had the largest, most glitzy booth of the online reservations companies, and they had the most buzz around them. Lots of people signed up at the show. Not really sure why.

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
I had never heard of them until I went to the Nashville conference. They had the largest, most glitzy booth of the online reservations companies, and they had the most buzz around them. Lots of people signed up at the show. Not really sure why.
So where are they located?

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
On the internet
devil_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
On the internet
devil_smile.gif

OnTheShore said:
On the internet
devil_smile.gif
Ok smarty. I don't like doing business with someone who won't identify themselves and their location. they could be out of China for all anyone knew.

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
On the internet
devil_smile.gif

OnTheShore said:
On the internet
devil_smile.gif
Ok smarty. I don't like doing business with someone who won't identify themselves and their location. they could be out of China for all anyone knew.
I assume the US, since they are doing business with Braintree and only available in one language.
BTW... you do know where Reskey is located?

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
On the internet
devil_smile.gif

OnTheShore said:
On the internet
devil_smile.gif
I assume the US, since they are doing business with Braintree and only available in one language.
I think John is in California.

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
On the internet
devil_smile.gif

OnTheShore said:
On the internet
devil_smile.gif
The phone number is a San Francisco area code. But I don't think that's where he is / lives.

EmptyNest said:
So who is Think?
On the internet
devil_smile.gif

OnTheShore said:
On the internet
devil_smile.gif
The phone number is a San Francisco area code. But I don't think that's where he is / lives.
Santa Rosa CA I think. He was doing testing on our page and I checked his IP address.

EmptyNest said:
More cost.
Morticia said:
More cost.
They have added to their staff now, so they are up to 4 in the company. One of the new hires is an innkeeper in Portland, ME.
I use Think at a lot of my innsitting jobs - they also have their quirks but are quick to react with changes and updates, and their management interface is intuitive and easy to learn. If you are interfacing to the OTAs, their cost comes pretty much in line with the ResKey/MyAllocator combo. They also have a dynamic pricing algorithm that is really easy to set up and then you don't need to manage it.
They are legit, EN - they have more face time at industry events than ResKey does, for sure. I don't think they are all co-located, so they have multiple locations (like Acorn, and pretty much every other IT out there), but they are a US-based company.

EmptyNest said:
More cost.
Morticia said:
More cost.
They have added to their staff now, so they are up to 4 in the company. One of the new hires is an innkeeper in Portland, ME.
I use Think at a lot of my innsitting jobs - they also have their quirks but are quick to react with changes and updates, and their management interface is intuitive and easy to learn. If you are interfacing to the OTAs, their cost comes pretty much in line with the ResKey/MyAllocator combo. They also have a dynamic pricing algorithm that is really easy to set up and then you don't need to manage it.
They are legit, EN - they have more face time at industry events than ResKey does, for sure. I don't think they are all co-located, so they have multiple locations (like Acorn, and pretty much every other IT out there), but they are a US-based company.
Can they handle more than one language?

I don't know what the cost is to sign-up for ThinkReservation now. However, we have been using the system for 2 years. Here is what we like:
1. It's cloud based, real time and a responsive design.
2. It's very user friendly. For the guests and the backend.
3. Guests can make multiple room reservations. (We have corporate customers and I was able to set it up with a code just for them.)
4. The up-selling of packages works well. Our guests add three times as many packages as before.
5. I set it up to take the deposit automatically and take the balance 14 days prior to arrival. This might not be a good option for every property.
6. It integrates with bookingdotcom and bandbdotcom.
7. Love the yield management.
8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
What could use improvements:
1. I wish they had a "drag and drop" option for reservations. It's more work to do it manually.
2. Wish they had color options to mark special reservations.
3. Wish the emails were easier to set up.
4. Some reports could use improvements.
FYI, we used RezoGT for 13 years and I waited and waited for them to move to a cloud based system. Finally I was told that our data was too large and they couldn't do it for us. It wasn't a problem for ThinkRes and the import was flawless including 20 years of gift certificates.
As you can tell we like the system very well. Is it perfect? Hardly, but it's a “next” generation reservation systems that is constantly improving. The developers are twin brothers Richard and Alfred Aday, two smart Millennials who used to work for Amazon.
If I sound like an advertisement billboard I apologize. I have no financial interest in ThinkRes!

A couple of questions:
Are you required to use automatic credit card processing or do you have access to the credit card number? When a guest makes a reservation the cc# is stored. We access to it to process a sale but we never see the number. It is something I was leary of at first. Has not been a problem.
If you have to use auto processing how much does it cost? A % or a flat fee or both? I would have to dig for the numbers exactly but processing credit cards is never cheap.
How much does an allocator cost per month? What’s an allocator?
How much does Rezkey cost per month? Don’t know, but I’m sure it’s a lot less.
How much is Think Reservations? $10/room/month
If you switched from another rez program was there a fee to switch? I've been told it's $750 to switch from what have to another program. That's a big hit. Yes, there was a fee. At the time I switched they had a special. Something like $500.
PS - not asking for a rah rah about either program, just need some info. I totally understand. When I switched one of my main goals was to get more online reservations, less phone calls. We went from 30/70 to 50/50. This program is clearly not for every property. It really depends your goals.
I’m not really sure where they are located. They started out in Seattle.

EmptyNest said:
More cost.
Morticia said:
More cost.
Generic said:
You would want to ask them that specifically. I don't know, and I don't know anyone who uses them in two languages. But, I don't know all their users.

ein Auto oder zu Hause mit Ihrem Bankguthaben zu kaufen, verbringen alle zusammen und lassen Sie das Konto leer ist nicht ratsam. Daher planen die Menschen für solche Zwecke zu nehmen Darlehen. schufafreier kredit

Without any of these, you can not expect to have a very good experience when it comes time to eat. You want to feel as if you are getting great value for your money, even if you are ordering from a restaurant in person. So how do you pay the client, you do not have to sacrifice any aspect of quality for a lower price. brooklyns original

After reviewing these 2 packages and another, we signed up with ThinkReservations and I'm glad we did! Set up was $500 and the monthly subscription is $10/room (in our case $50/month). My recollection is that ThinkReservations was the least expensive as well.
One of the main reasons ThinkReservations was even a consideration was that the software supports integration to Heartland credit card processing. If you're not on Heartland you should really give them a look too.
During the demos with the various packages, we really liked the features, dashboard, yield management, automated email notifications, user interface and such of ThinkReservations. It's a clean look that fits the motif of our site.
ThinkReservations is a virtual company. I've always been able to call the office number and reach a real person. System knowledge and follow up is outstanding.
Integration to expedia, bookings.com (hotels.com), etc. are seamless, and more importantly we've had more reservations due to being on these sites which has more than paid for ThinkReservations alone. The commission rates are 15%, plus 3% to ThinkReservations. This was below the rates charged by other systems.
I could go on and on about the features, but it's more about the experience that has been the best. My personal background is in software development (I sold my company to monster.com back in 2003) and ThinkReservations does it right.
They have a great process for setup and delivery. We went live in May 2016. They follow up and follow through on tasks and we have not had one issue with the product.
I am happy to provide a phone reference anytime. Simply email me at [email protected].
Regards, Bryan Hochstein

Back