Think reservations vs Rezkey

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reviewing these 2 packages and another, we signed up with ThinkReservations and I'm glad we did! Set up was $500 and the monthly subscription is $10/room (in our case $50/month). My recollection is that ThinkReservations was the least expensive as well.
One of the main reasons ThinkReservations was even a consideration was that the software supports integration to Heartland credit card processing. If you're not on Heartland you should really give them a look too.
During the demos with the various packages, we really liked the features, dashboard, yield management, automated email notifications, user interface and such of ThinkReservations. It's a clean look that fits the motif of our site.
ThinkReservations is a virtual company. I've always been able to call the office number and reach a real person. System knowledge and follow up is outstanding.
Integration to expedia, bookings.com (hotels.com), etc. are seamless, and more importantly we've had more reservations due to being on these sites which has more than paid for ThinkReservations alone. The commission rates are 15%, plus 3% to ThinkReservations. This was below the rates charged by other systems.
I could go on and on about the features, but it's more about the experience that has been the best. My personal background is in software development (I sold my company to monster.com back in 2003) and ThinkReservations does it right.
They have a great process for setup and delivery. We went live in May 2016. They follow up and follow through on tasks and we have not had one issue with the product.
I am happy to provide a phone reference anytime. Simply email me at [email protected].
Regards, Bryan Hochstein

After reviewing these 2 packages and another, we signed up with ThinkReservations and I'm glad we did! Set up was $500 and the monthly subscription is $10/room (in our case $50/month). My recollection is that ThinkReservations was the least expensive as well.
One of the main reasons ThinkReservations was even a consideration was that the software supports integration to Heartland credit card processing. If you're not on Heartland you should really give them a look too.
During the demos with the various packages, we really liked the features, dashboard, yield management, automated email notifications, user interface and such of ThinkReservations. It's a clean look that fits the motif of our site.
ThinkReservations is a virtual company. I've always been able to call the office number and reach a real person. System knowledge and follow up is outstanding.
Integration to expedia, bookings.com (hotels.com), etc. are seamless, and more importantly we've had more reservations due to being on these sites which has more than paid for ThinkReservations alone. The commission rates are 15%, plus 3% to ThinkReservations. This was below the rates charged by other systems.
I could go on and on about the features, but it's more about the experience that has been the best. My personal background is in software development (I sold my company to monster.com back in 2003) and ThinkReservations does it right.
They have a great process for setup and delivery. We went live in May 2016. They follow up and follow through on tasks and we have not had one issue with the product.
I am happy to provide a phone reference anytime. Simply email me at [email protected].
Regards, Bryan Hochstein.
Bryan, not being argumentative, but ResKey would be $25 per month for up to 10 rooms and NO commission.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong - it has been a while since I signed on and things sometimes change, but I do not believe there is a set-up fee. I have always felt tech support was great. I do know that John basically "held the hand" of a UK innkeeper when she sign up - and she loves the system. HER rooms were complicated to set up.

ReservationKey is $25 a month for up to 10 rooms. And MyAllocator is $25 a month to connect to X and BK and no commission. Also ReservationKey can work in multiple languages, handle different taxes.

Bryan, not being argumentative, but ResKey would be $25 per month for up to 10 rooms and NO commission.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong - it has been a while since I signed on and things sometimes change, but I do not believe there is a set-up fee. I have always felt tech support was great. I do know that John basically "held the hand" of a UK innkeeper when she sign up - and she loves the system. HER rooms were complicated to set up.
UK bedrooms tend to be more complicated as we have zip and link which means can be 2 seperate beds or 1 big bed so need a system to work with that, for family rooms she wanted the option of selling 1 person, 2 people or 3 or 4 depending. She also does varying rates depending on length of stay ie 4 nights 10% dont envy john.

I don't know what the cost is to sign-up for ThinkReservation now. However, we have been using the system for 2 years. Here is what we like:
1. It's cloud based, real time and a responsive design.
2. It's very user friendly. For the guests and the backend.
3. Guests can make multiple room reservations. (We have corporate customers and I was able to set it up with a code just for them.)
4. The up-selling of packages works well. Our guests add three times as many packages as before.
5. I set it up to take the deposit automatically and take the balance 14 days prior to arrival. This might not be a good option for every property.
6. It integrates with bookingdotcom and bandbdotcom.
7. Love the yield management.
8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
What could use improvements:
1. I wish they had a "drag and drop" option for reservations. It's more work to do it manually.
2. Wish they had color options to mark special reservations.
3. Wish the emails were easier to set up.
4. Some reports could use improvements.
FYI, we used RezoGT for 13 years and I waited and waited for them to move to a cloud based system. Finally I was told that our data was too large and they couldn't do it for us. It wasn't a problem for ThinkRes and the import was flawless including 20 years of gift certificates.
As you can tell we like the system very well. Is it perfect? Hardly, but it's a “next” generation reservation systems that is constantly improving. The developers are twin brothers Richard and Alfred Aday, two smart Millennials who used to work for Amazon.
If I sound like an advertisement billboard I apologize. I have no financial interest in ThinkRes!.
Sounds great except so few channel options (only 3, or did they add some?), plus that 3% OTA connection fee actually makes it more expensive. Does that connection fee make it more challenging to budget for, or do you just limit your exposure on the OTAs?

I don't know what the cost is to sign-up for ThinkReservation now. However, we have been using the system for 2 years. Here is what we like:
3. Guests can make multiple room reservations. (We have corporate customers and I was able to set it up with a code just for them.)
4. The up-selling of packages works well. Our guests add three times as many packages as before.
5. I set it up to take the deposit automatically and take the balance 14 days prior to arrival. This might not be a good option for every property.
8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
1. I wish they had a "drag and drop" option for reservations. It's more work to do it manually.
FYI, we used RezoGT for 13 years and I waited and waited for them to move to a cloud based system. Finally I was told that our data was too large and they couldn't do it for us. It wasn't a problem for ThinkRes and the import was flawless including 20 years of gift certificates.
As you can tell we like the system very well. Is it perfect? Hardly, but it's a “next” generation reservation systems that is constantly improving. The developers are twin brothers Richard and Alfred Aday, two smart Millennials who used to work for Amazon.
If I sound like an advertisement billboard I apologize. I have no financial interest in ThinkRes!.
Sounds great except so few channel options (only 3, or did they add some?), plus that 3% OTA connection fee actually makes it more expensive. Does that connection fee make it more challenging to budget for, or do you just limit your exposure on the OTAs?
cloudbedsna said:
You really need to explain you work for Cloud Beds or stop posting here. I did ask you nicely a couple of days ago. Still don't see your truth in advertising statement anywhere.

8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
cloudbedsna said:
You really need to explain you work for Cloud Beds or stop posting here. I did ask you nicely a couple of days ago. Still don't see your truth in advertising statement anywhere.
Her first post in each thread that she posts to has a signature line that does give some explanation of who she is, although I agree the signature line could be more explicit about that she works for Cloudbeds (although that seems pretty clear from her user name). The fact that signature lines are not attached to every post, only to the first one in a thread, I think is a forum issue.

8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
cloudbedsna said:
Her first post in each thread that she posts to has a signature line that does give some explanation of who she is, although I agree the signature line could be more explicit about that she works for Cloudbeds (although that seems pretty clear from her user name). The fact that signature lines are not attached to every post, only to the first one in a thread, I think is a forum issue.
The signature line thing is only on one post per thread because of space constraints. (Someone has to pay for that server space!)
I really think it's fair to all of us that a vendor actually states their vendor status and takes a moment to explain their product, why they are selling it, how it could help rather than just answering dozens of questions to get the signature line out there.

8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
cloudbedsna said:
The signature line thing is only on one post per thread because of space constraints. (Someone has to pay for that server space!)
I really think it's fair to all of us that a vendor actually states their vendor status and takes a moment to explain their product, why they are selling it, how it could help rather than just answering dozens of questions to get the signature line out there.
I do not disagree.

8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
cloudbedsna said:
Hi Mort,
I originally had my company name, Cloudbeds, in my signature but was told I was in jeopardy of being booted because I was advertising. Accordingly I adjusted my signature line to exclude my company affiliation. I have over 15 years of firsthand experience in this business, and as a small business owner, it's always my goal to help others who are in the same position. I'm not here to cause trouble, just hoping to contribute what I can and also learn. If you and your other members prefer I can simply observe and not participate in discussions.

8. Love the wait list.
9. Love the task list.
cloudbedsna said:
Hi Mort,
I originally had my company name, Cloudbeds, in my signature but was told I was in jeopardy of being booted because I was advertising. Accordingly I adjusted my signature line to exclude my company affiliation. I have over 15 years of firsthand experience in this business, and as a small business owner, it's always my goal to help others who are in the same position. I'm not here to cause trouble, just hoping to contribute what I can and also learn. If you and your other members prefer I can simply observe and not participate in discussions.
cloudbedsna said:
Hi Mort,
All I want is a statement from you that you work for, or own, cloud beds. Then perhaps a whole post about why you think it's a great product. Explain yourself. Easy peasy.
As a vendor you are toeing a finer line than an innkeeper. We have other vendors here who also offer helpful advice, but they have been forthright about their affiliation with their company.
I'm not sure who said you couldn't have your company name in your signature. I've commented on the appearance that you just post to get your company name out there everyday.
Now you've hidden your company behind jargon.
So - do you work for or own cloud beds? Would you care to explain what it is? Or why anyone would want to use it? And, is your hospitality consultancy based on selling the use of your company's product? If I consult you, are you going to tell me how your company will increase my bottom line by using your reservation system or are you offering a different service?
These are really not difficult questions to answer. You'll get a lot more traction here by actually answering them instead of obfuscating.

We use Rezstream and they cost $10 per room per month. We use them for both our B and B and a separate reservation business that we run. Love them. Always improving. Automatic deposit charge when booking online. Great automatic email system. They connect directly with Booking.com at an extra $3 per room per month.
Almost every time I call support, someone answers. I've had to leave a message a couple of times, but get a call back later the same day. They are very in touch with their customers.
They just launched a beta version of an Advanced Reports function. The software has good reports now, but this advanced reports really lets you drill down plus import it into Excel or make it a PDF.

So who is Think? Where are they located? I know nothing about them. They are $10 per room a month. Res Key Up to 10 units: $25 a month. Seems like reskey can do all think can cheaper..
I actually met the brothers, they are twins who started this company. Our mentors and previous BnB owners introduced us to them. I met them at the New Orleans PAII conference in January 2015 (right before we bought our BnB). Our BnB mentors used them and were happy with their system. We looked at them and all the others and decided to go with Rezstream. We've been happy with them ever since.
We started a small reservation company here and use Rezstream for that as well.

For the record, Cloudbeds is flat-fee, no extra charge to connect to OTAs with over a hundred options plus GDS, pay month-to-month, no contract. Three tiers of service available. If you'd like to see a demo, just message me.

Just FYI we pay $25 per month flat fee to ResKey for 6 rooms. With no extra add ons or fees for credit card processing (to reskey) when the info goes through we still pay the normal processing fees to T-sys (Bank of Omaha)

ReservationKey is $25 a month for up to 10 rooms. And MyAllocator is $25 a month to connect to X and BK and no commission. Also ReservationKey can work in multiple languages, handle different taxes.
You can now connect to X without MyAllocator with Reskey. Save $25 a month by booting MA. Reskey and Exp both now use the iCal standard. It works seamlessly in both directions and you can choose to include pricing going to Exp and you can pull in all of the info from Exp directly into Reskey.

You can now connect to X without MyAllocator with Reskey. Save $25 a month by booting MA. Reskey and Exp both now use the iCal standard. It works seamlessly in both directions and you can choose to include pricing going to Exp and you can pull in all of the info from Exp directly into Reskey.
John said today he's still working on the exp link and it won't be ready for prime time until fall. Are you beta testing for him?

I prefer using MA.... I have different settings for room availability (and sometimes different minimum stays, prices, etc) so it gives me a control that RK doesn't have.
For example, I may have a 3 day hole set to 3 day minimum for X, while still allowing a 2 day booking direct. And I often don't make weekends available on MA, other than as 3 days or no Friday arrivals.... so we don't show up with the same availability :)

Back