Think Your Luck Is Bad?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NW BB

Reaction score
We have a wonderful couple that has stayed with us a few times. They are a younger couple who work really hard with the developmentally disabled and have to live very frugally. They have one car between them. They save up to stay here and call it their "happy place" because they can get away from everything. Their last visit with us was around New Years. I just got an e-mail from them that their one car was stolen. She informed the police....the police called her a couple days later. They found her car!!! Case closed the police said. This story is unbelieveable! Here is the link to the story that was aired on the local news
http://www.katu.com/home/video/37802784.html?video=pop&t=a

oh my goodness, what a unique incident - if the other 1/2 is found will you let us know?
maybe i'm being dumb here but, what would one use to saw it in 1/2? a chainsaw?

WOW! Growing up in San Diego we had cars stolen often, everyone we knew - they went straight over the border and were never recovered. I will have to send this to a few people. Thanks for sharing.

That is AWFUL! Not sure if this is something you would consider, but given what you have said about them, I'd contact them and offer them a free stay. Not to sound crass about the free stay, but there's publicity in them thar hills. We had an arson here that burned down an entire shopping center/office complex. LOTS of other businesses got together to offer the tenants great rates on new offices, supplies, etc. THAT info gets around.
Maybe so car dealership would want to get in on that. You never know.

oh my goodness, what a unique incident - if the other 1/2 is found will you let us know?
maybe i'm being dumb here but, what would one use to saw it in 1/2? a chainsaw?.
mollysmom said:
My son used a 'sawsall' to take the roof off his car. Someday I will find the pix and post them. But, I would think you'd need a chainsaw to get thru the frame.

maybe i'm being dumb here but, what would one use to saw it in 1/2? a chainsaw?.
mollysmom said:
My son used a 'sawsall' to take the roof off his car. Someday I will find the pix and post them. But, I would think you'd need a chainsaw to get thru the frame.
A chain saw is for wood. A sawsall would cut alot but a cutting torch was probably used.

mollysmom said:
A chain saw is for wood. A sawsall would cut alot but a cutting torch was probably used.
hawley said:
Good point. I didn't look closely at the video, but you could probably see scorch marks.

how terrible! either someone wanted the engine or there is more to the story - like an act of revenge or something. why on earth would you dismantle a car that way? why bother?
i felt so bad for her crying in the video. you feel violated enough when your car is stolen ... this is bizarre.and i didn't like the newscaster's read ... almost like it was funny ... 'if you happen to see someone driving around the missing front end' and ... 'ironically this was considered a total loss' DUH!

how terrible! either someone wanted the engine or there is more to the story - like an act of revenge or something. why on earth would you dismantle a car that way? why bother?
i felt so bad for her crying in the video. you feel violated enough when your car is stolen ... this is bizarre.and i didn't like the newscaster's read ... almost like it was funny ... 'if you happen to see someone driving around the missing front end' and ... 'ironically this was considered a total loss' DUH!.
Hubs thinks they just wanted the engine block and drive train and didn't want to get caught with the whole car.

seashanty, i agree with you regarding the newscaster's tone. he did seem to sort of want to chuckle about it. while it is not a common stolen car incident, it affected someone's life & i'm sure the newscaster would NOT be laughing if it happened to him.

Collette was very upset that they used the part of the interview where she was crying. It added insult to injury.
I've thought about giving them a free stay, but didn't think about the PR aspect.
Another puzzle...how did they remove the front end of that car? They would have had to have a flat bed tow truck! Oh, and she also told me that they sprayed WD40 all over the remaining half. She was told it was because they wouldn't be able to get any fingerprints.

Collette was very upset that they used the part of the interview where she was crying. It added insult to injury.
I've thought about giving them a free stay, but didn't think about the PR aspect.
Another puzzle...how did they remove the front end of that car? They would have had to have a flat bed tow truck! Oh, and she also told me that they sprayed WD40 all over the remaining half. She was told it was because they wouldn't be able to get any fingerprints..
NW BB said:
Another puzzle...how did they remove the front end of that car? They would have had to have a flat bed tow truck! Oh, and she also told me that they sprayed WD40 all over the remaining half. She was told it was because they wouldn't be able to get any fingerprints.
See if you can get a car rental place to offer them a free or low rate rental. And a car dealer to offer some sort of incentive. Along with your free night(s). It would be very nice for the those folks to know right now that not everyone is out to get them. You could call the reporter/newscaster and say you want to show them a different spin on things.

My guess is that there is someone doing autobody repair out of their garage and needed the front end for a "client's" can repair. It's a real shame whatever happened.

Finden Sie die neuste Brautkleider 2012, brautmoden 2012 für Ihre Traum Brautkleid. Custom Brautkleid design nach dem Foto.div>Blumen-Arrangements von verschiedenen Sorten sind fast sicher die coolste und unglaublichsten Kreaturen in der Natur außer den Menschen. Alle ein Blumenbouquet haben spezifische Schönheit der Natur etuikleid , dass sie abgesehen von 1 einen anderen. Blumengestecke haben unterschiedliche Farben, sondern aa viel spezifischer Charakter ist der Geruch. Das ätherische Öl in jede einzelne Blume entdeckt wird genutzt, um neue Parfüm und natürliche Schönheit Produkte machen. Ob Sie könnte für die Blumen für seinen Geruch zu suchen, oder Sie wollen es für die Hochzeit Design zu verwenden, ist es sehr am besten mit liefern Blumen Toronto beginnen.
Jede Hochzeit kann eine freudige sowie erstaunliche Feier werden. Jedes Mal, dass es eine Hochzeit, bekommen alle Familienmitglieder Mitglieder des Brautpaares wirklich beschäftigt. Jeder sorgt dafür, dass sie in der Hochzeit Vorbereitung sind beteiligt. In gewisser Weise verbindet Hochzeit sowie Krawatten Familienmitglieder Mitglieder. Das ist etwas wirklich unglaublich über Hochzeit. Eine Menge Leute planen, dass es wirklich einzigartig für das Hochzeitspaar brautmoden abendkleid online shop abendkleid online shop, doch oft ist es sogar noch viel mehr einzigartig für ihre Familienangehörigen.
In jeder einzelnen Hochzeit Anlass, ist es extrem schwer, abendkleid 36 abendkleid 36 dass Sie nicht aufdecken ein Blumenbouquet von wunderbaren Arrangements. Der Stil der gesamten Hochzeit kann durch die Art der ein Blumenstrauß genutzt beeinflusst werden. Die Hauptsache, die genau die gleiche für alle Hochzeiten der Vielfalt der Kulturen ist die Existenz eines Blumenstrauß. Blumenarrangements sind die spezifischen Zeug Sie in eine Hochzeit zu entdecken wäre. Sie sind wirklich sehr schön und appelliert an alle Menschen. Unabhängig davon, wer die Besucher sind, online shop abendkleider online shop abendkleider brautkleider für schwangere günstig brautkleider für schwangere günstig würden sie sicherlich genießen wundervolle Hochzeit Blumen-Design.
Die meisten Hochzeit Organisatoren entscheiden über Online-Floristen Toronto jedes Mal cocktailkleider shop , wenn sie wollen, einen Blumenstrauß. Das ist aufgrund der hohen Achtung Toronto einen Blumenstrauß. Das Budget kann eine bedeutende Sache zu prüfen sein. Wenn Sie den 1 Organisation Trauung sind, möchten Sie einen Blumenstrauß zu Preis so wenig wie möglich.
Viele Elemente auswirken könnten, dass der Preis des einen Blumenstrauß. Eines der Elemente ist die Jahreszeit. Während im Frühling kann man günstigen Preis ein Blumenstrauß jederzeit kaufen. Im Durchschnitt kann der Preis für das gesamte Bouquet Preis 500 bis 1.900 Dollar. Mit der Lieferung Blumen in Toronto, könnten Sie sparen viel, schwangeren brautmode nur weil seine Blumenläden viel mehr als bereit, das gesamte Design zu tun brautkleider abendkleider , wenn der einen Blumenstrauß in großen Mengen gekauft werden. Aus diesem Grund müssen Sie nicht möchten brautmoden onlineshop , Floristen länger gemietet werden. Außerdem bietet ein Geschäft eine große Auswahl an Blumensträußen zu ermäßigten Preisen.
kleider damenmode

Back