Thinking of Generic

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
Macaron.JPG

I host 4 Parisians once or twice a year. They were my very first B&B guests back in 2007. This was their gift to me this evening. Somehow I suspect ones from Generic's kitchen would taste better, but I'm happy all the same. I have wall calendars with photos of "Beautiful America" and personalized from the B&B to give them tomorrow at breakfast time. They just rolled in late tonight, so we haven't said anything about current events, and I won't mention it unless they do first.

Lovely gift.
Hope you get to talk current events with them. It helps to get a different perspective.
Does that box say Fauchon??? Wow!

Yes, Fauchon. Sorry it's upside down. There must be a story to the name.

Very nice. Many years ago we hosted a boy from France for a 1 month cultural exchange. The next Christmas his parents sent us a box of liquor-filled chocolates. They ere the best chocolate (and I am not even thinking about the liquor part) we ever had and I wish we could remember the name of them to get them again. And we have been saying that ever since we emptied the box - after trash day and we realized we had not written it down.

Some of the best in Paris. Christophe Adam used to be there. Known for his eclairs. Those are probably EUR 2 each, double what I get paid for mine. Likely the flavours you got are...
Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel, Red Raspberry, Chocolate Passion Fruit, Pistachio, Lemon and Praline. Fauchon isn't know for their wild flavours.
Don't give any to Morticia... she doesn't appreciate them! :)

Some of the best in Paris. Christophe Adam used to be there. Known for his eclairs. Those are probably EUR 2 each, double what I get paid for mine. Likely the flavours you got are...
Vanilla, Chocolate, Caramel, Red Raspberry, Chocolate Passion Fruit, Pistachio, Lemon and Praline. Fauchon isn't know for their wild flavours.
Don't give any to Morticia... she doesn't appreciate them! :).
Generic said:
I have an undeveloped palate. That's all I can say in my defense.
But I know the best canned ravioli around!

Don't give any to Morticia... she doesn't appreciate them! :).
Generic said:
I have an undeveloped palate. That's all I can say in my defense.
But I know the best canned ravioli around!
Ugh! Canned ravioli.... it's just mush.

Were they delicious Innkeep? Very thoughtful.
Did your Virginia guests bring you some moonshine or Rappahannock oysters?
regular_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
JoeyBloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
Delish. From the Virginians I got a tin of Plantation Peanuts ... descendants of the original peanut crop grown in North America

regular_smile.gif
JoeyBloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
Delish. From the Virginians I got a tin of Plantation Peanuts ... descendants of the original peanut crop grown in North America
Innkeep said:
JoeyBloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
By that, I hope you didn't mean Planters Peanuts.
shades_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
JoeyBloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
Innkeep said:
JoeyBloggs said:
regular_smile.gif
By that, I hope you didn't mean Planters Peanuts.
shades_smile.gif

Aren't those from Virginia?

Ever had canned mac and cheese?.
gaelstorm said:
Ever had canned mac and cheese?
Don't think so. Have had lots of Mac n cheese from boxes though. There's always Chef Boy Are Dee for spaghetti and ravioli (Why are we doing this?)
Innkeep said:
gaelstorm said:
Ever had canned mac and cheese?
Don't think so. Have had lots of Mac n cheese from boxes though. There's always Chef Boy Are Dee for spaghetti and ravioli (Why are we doing this?)
I think it's my fault. I mentioned canned ravioli.

Back