Thinking of the future - website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Como Depot

Reaction score
I use Inndesk currently, which has worked fine for the 4 rooms and has given me an easy to modify web site.
But it does not take payment and moving up next year to 8 rooms the B&B side needs to take preference.
I do not currently take deposits, and whilst I have been burnt a couple of times not enough to get too upset about.
I think it is time to be able to operate more properly, currently thinking of a theme with an add on booking engine.
If you were doing it afresh what would you choose?

I did my own site with Weebly - Pro version. People here were tremendously helpful with tweaking it. I use Reservation Key for booking - will never use another. LOVE their program, and the customer service can't be beat.

You must use RESERVATION KEY! And if you are wanting to do your own site...you need to have your own domain and use WORDPRESS. I 100% recommend STRIKING THEME..which will be out in RESPONSIVE form sometime next week. You can get at ThemeForest.com Their support is absolutely THE TOPS...just like RES KEY.

"If you were doing it afresh what would you choose?"
That is a beautiful question.
I would PAY to have a decent website built, that I could then maintain as needed. I would PAY to have professional photos taken....and then blog away from there, using social media at will...Online reservations from day one through Reservation key on the website.
[h3]
Possibly the most important investment you can make is your STORE FRONT, if people go to your website and don't like what they see, they won't open the door and enter the store.[/h3]

I would PAY to have a decent website built, that I could then maintain as needed. I would PAY to have professional photos taken....and then blog away from there, using social media at will...Online reservations from day one through Reservation key on the website.
[h3]
Possibly the most important investment you can make is your STORE FRONT, if people go to your website and don't like what they see, they won't open the door and enter the store.[/h3].
I have had my site up for 5 years or so, and sure it could be better but not that bad currently. So I have something to redirect.
I do actually want to add a store, I sell books and logo gear and would be nice to do that on line. Perhaps something to expand.
Reservation Key seems to be popular, but you also need a CC processing service for online sales. I have one for my POS system, another add on cost.
I recently received a new charge card which had a contact less processing built in, I guess another cost coming up. I know lots of semi pro photographers, I do need to update the rooms.

You must use RESERVATION KEY! And if you are wanting to do your own site...you need to have your own domain and use WORDPRESS. I 100% recommend STRIKING THEME..which will be out in RESPONSIVE form sometime next week. You can get at ThemeForest.com Their support is absolutely THE TOPS...just like RES KEY..
EmptyNest said:
You must use RESERVATION KEY! And if you are wanting to do your own site...you need to have your own domain and use WORDPRESS. I 100% recommend STRIKING THEME..which will be out in RESPONSIVE form sometime next week. You can get at ThemeForest.com Their support is absolutely THE TOPS...just like RES KEY.
This one?
Striking Premium Corporate & Portfolio WP Theme

You must use RESERVATION KEY! And if you are wanting to do your own site...you need to have your own domain and use WORDPRESS. I 100% recommend STRIKING THEME..which will be out in RESPONSIVE form sometime next week. You can get at ThemeForest.com Their support is absolutely THE TOPS...just like RES KEY..
EmptyNest said:
This one?
Striking Premium Corporate & Portfolio WP Theme
Yes this one and if you want to have an online store,you can use the WOO COMMERCE with the site.
You don't have to use RES KEY's online processing ...you can still use what you have.

[h3]
Possibly the most important investment you can make is your STORE FRONT, if people go to your website and don't like what they see, they won't open the door and enter the store.[/h3].
I have had my site up for 5 years or so, and sure it could be better but not that bad currently. So I have something to redirect.
I do actually want to add a store, I sell books and logo gear and would be nice to do that on line. Perhaps something to expand.
Reservation Key seems to be popular, but you also need a CC processing service for online sales. I have one for my POS system, another add on cost.
I recently received a new charge card which had a contact less processing built in, I guess another cost coming up. I know lots of semi pro photographers, I do need to update the rooms.
Most of us who use ResKey and charge though the reservation program use authorize.net You can also use Paypal merchant services.

Back