This Innkeeper Is Not Playing That Game!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go again,
I have guests right now who both are gluten intolerant. I just refreshed their room and guess what's in the trash? An empty box of crackers where the first ingredient is Enriched Wheat Flour!
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!.
Seems like an odd intolerance to fake. Especially since most of the gluten free stuff tastes like crap. As the test stomach around here I remember trying a lot of gluten free items that I thought tasted horrible until DW finally developed/modified some to the point where I called them servable or good.
I mean I can understand the people that wanted SouthBeach Diet but then had doughnuts in their room ... they were cheating..makes total sense. Doughnuts are at least a good temptation. Gluten intollerant cheating for crackers??? Seems silly. ;)
swirt said:
Seems like an odd intolerance to fake. Especially since most of the gluten free stuff tastes like crap. As the test stomach around here I remember trying a lot of gluten free items that I thought tasted horrible until DW finally developed/modified some to the point where I called them servable or good.
I mean I can understand the people that wanted SouthBeach Diet but then had doughnuts in their room ... they were cheating..makes total sense. Doughnuts are at least a good temptation. Gluten intollerant cheating for crackers??? Seems silly. ;)
hahaha I know what you mean! Let's splurge and eat some crackers! Oy! But they also had some deli pasta salad in their fridge. When they made the booking I was told that it just makes them feel better when they don't eat gluten. I made some Bob's Red Mill gluten free bread today and it's much better than some of the cardboard stuff out there.
Once again it's a matter of the guest not really realizing how it ads more work for us. But I just grin and bear it.
"makes them feel better" what the ??? so they really aren't on special diets and I wouldn't go out of my way to do anything special for them then...grrrrrr. YOu are not a restaurant with "made to order" breakfast.
But if an innkeeper wants to show she "cares" she does it. YOU may think it is above and beyond but the guest thinks that is why they go to a B & B. I do a lot of things that many think are outrageous - but it is what keeps my guests coming back. We may grouse, but each will do what is necessary to keep the business coming.
gillumhouse said:
But if an innkeeper wants to show she "cares" she does it. YOU may think it is above and beyond but the guest thinks that is why they go to a B & B. I do a lot of things that many think are outrageous - but it is what keeps my guests coming back. We may grouse, but each will do what is necessary to keep the business coming.
grouse, grouse, grouse, grouse......I'm grousing, but I did do the GF breakfast for them this morning. I think I should get some innkeeper brownie points though.....mmmmmmm...brownies! Gotta go!

Here we go again,
I have guests right now who both are gluten intolerant. I just refreshed their room and guess what's in the trash? An empty box of crackers where the first ingredient is Enriched Wheat Flour!
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!.
swirt said:
hahaha I know what you mean! Let's splurge and eat some crackers! Oy! But they also had some deli pasta salad in their fridge. When they made the booking I was told that it just makes them feel better when they don't eat gluten. I made some Bob's Red Mill gluten free bread today and it's much better than some of the cardboard stuff out there.
Once again it's a matter of the guest not really realizing how it ads more work for us. But I just grin and bear it.
"makes them feel better" what the ??? so they really aren't on special diets and I wouldn't go out of my way to do anything special for them then...grrrrrr. YOu are not a restaurant with "made to order" breakfast.
gillumhouse said:
grouse, grouse, grouse, grouse......I'm grousing, but I did do the GF breakfast for them this morning. I think I should get some innkeeper brownie points though.....mmmmmmm...brownies! Gotta go!
That is why we are here. It is a place to grouse, where the grouse is understood and sympathized with. When the B & B is your living and not a lifestyle we do a lot of things we would not do otherwise.
My niche is saying I will do everything possible to meet dietary needs, then I will - even when it is a curveball after they arrive. I will have a mental conversation as I do it - a la this morning when Bozo asked as I was finishing the mowing if i wqas going to trim the hedges. That man has not been told NO since he was 12 and had polio. Saying no brings huff and snarl. My face is now itchy as hell from either the mowing or the poison ivy that he knows is in the hedges that are now clipped and the sidewalk swept. So glad I decided to BUY the potato salad.

Here we go again,
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!.
swirt said:
gillumhouse said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby?
I just saw a gluten-free, brownie mix there the other day. No, wait a minute, we don't have to eat that crap. Treat yourself to a big plate of the real thing.

Here we go again,
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!.
swirt said:
gillumhouse said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I just saw a gluten-free, brownie mix there the other day. No, wait a minute, we don't have to eat that crap. Treat yourself to a big plate of the real thing.
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Breakfast Diva said:
No GD GF brownies for me!!!
em%2Bbrownie%2Bface.jpg

Here we go again,
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!.
swirt said:
gillumhouse said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Breakfast Diva said:
No GD GF brownies for me!!!
em%2Bbrownie%2Bface.jpg

thumbs_up.gif

Back