This is a new one - for us anyway

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aieechihuahua

Reaction score
I got this email this week...
"I am attending the Balloon Fiesta next month and this will be my first visit to Albuquerque. Since it will be a very short visit, I am staying at an airport hotel. I just wonder if I can come to Adobe Nido for breakfast?"
DUH!

sounds like a joke.
of course we get these type weird questions all the time, so no joke.

In a few weeks we will have our Frontier Days Festival. I will have the carny folks knocking on the door asking how much for breakfast. Sorry...

DH took a phone call one morning about 8:00. A guy asked 'do you serve breakfast?' DH answered 'yes' and the person hung up. DH just shrugged it off. About 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang and there are six people standing on the porch. When asked if they needed help with something, they said 'we're here for breakfast.' Sorry, there are restaurants just down the street. One guy says, 'well, I just called and you said you served breakfast...' Dude, are you serious?

We certainly get our share of neighbors wishing we could serve breakfast to the general public, but that is a new one.
I'm sure they saw all the wonderful kudos you receive in reviews and assumed it was worth a shot.
Aside from the old Grant Corner Inn, I can't honestly think of another B&B that is set up to offer it to non-staying guests.

I get phone calls from time to time asking if we serve breakfast to the public. Sometimes my paranoia makes me wonder if it's the health dept checking up on me.
omg_smile.gif
I just answer that our Health Dept permit only allows us to serve brekkie to our overnight guests.

Sounds like someone who just doesn't understand what a B & B is? Hey all they want is a good home cooked breakfast I suspect.

DH took a phone call one morning about 8:00. A guy asked 'do you serve breakfast?' DH answered 'yes' and the person hung up. DH just shrugged it off. About 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang and there are six people standing on the porch. When asked if they needed help with something, they said 'we're here for breakfast.' Sorry, there are restaurants just down the street. One guy says, 'well, I just called and you said you served breakfast...' Dude, are you serious?.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? REALLY? That is too funny! Did you send them on down to the B INN???

DH took a phone call one morning about 8:00. A guy asked 'do you serve breakfast?' DH answered 'yes' and the person hung up. DH just shrugged it off. About 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang and there are six people standing on the porch. When asked if they needed help with something, they said 'we're here for breakfast.' Sorry, there are restaurants just down the street. One guy says, 'well, I just called and you said you served breakfast...' Dude, are you serious?.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?? REALLY? That is too funny! Did you send them on down to the B INN???
catlady said:
Did you send them on down to the B INN???
I think that was where they were actually staying. I sent them downtown to our main street diner.

Back