This is a test...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one of those marketing sales reps call the other day. Did not see the caller id before I picked up. Decided to listen. It was one of those flat rate Google ad promos. They promised x amount of traffic. Decided to use him as a test case and stated my inn ranked first for my town so why would I pay anyone for an ad. He said, 'Let me check that,' and then, 'No, here's your place at the bottom of the list.' (Will admit that startled me until I he said the name of the inn and it wasn't mine.) Told him that. He apologized and found my inn at the top of the page, where I said it was.
However, his searching did show up one thing. The searcher has to put in the state, too. Or they get the same town name in other, more populous states first. So I do have to work on that.
And, I have to work on showing up better for different 'accommodation' words and phrases.

I would suggest for this test you ask a few people, or as it is stated you are standing behind the person watching what they do. Had that gal call and argue we are not on the internet (she stayed here twice before).

I would suggest for this test you ask a few people, or as it is stated you are standing behind the person watching what they do. Had that gal call and argue we are not on the internet (she stayed here twice before)..
Joey Bloggs said:
I would suggest for this test you ask a few people, or as it is stated you are standing behind the person watching what they do. Had that gal call and argue we are not on the internet (she stayed here twice before).
Oh, yes, you want to be standing behind that one for sure. I sometimes ask if the person can go back over what they did that resulted in a problem so I can try to recreate it. Not the same as looking over their shoulder to see what they're doing.
I used this as a case for getting someone who doesn't have your place cached to find it.

Back