This is what a morning off looks like...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee2014

Reaction score
My Mom came to visit. She brought me a gift, a Fitbit. So she got me up early today on a day I could sleep in to go for a walk by the ocean. So we went for a stroll along the cliffs. A stroll since I don't walk as fast as she so it couldn't be called a walk… I was ready to get off at the first street to head back but she talked me on. At the third street exit, the waves were crashing on the rocks in a great show. Our first warning. She talked me into going to the next one. Okay. We start down the slope to see a dad and the kids running up. The one shouted, "Mom! The waves are huge." Our second warning! We get to the bottom and rounded the corner by the stone wall. We had enough time to face the wall away from the ocean as the wave of water went over our heads. It hit the wall and bounced back into our faces. We were soaked in a second! We had three more runs in before the next exit off. I got out of the shower to find that the only people here today opted out of maid service. But the best news is that the pita called but we don't have availability for their dates! Yahoo! I'm ready for the day! We spent the day driving Grandma around to all her old stomping grounds that she hasn't seen in about 50 years. I had a wonderful day! Now we are going for a stroll since I only have 8,643 steps of the 10,000 steps for the day!

Astronomical high tides you bozo! What were you thinking??? Yeesh, take care of yourself!

Astronomical high tides you bozo! What were you thinking??? Yeesh, take care of yourself!.
I was thinking we did enough but Mom was thinking of getting those steps level up…. That section was close to sea level so that's why the walls. My shoes I wore this morning are still soaked! Tonight we went to a photographers guild and listened to the photographer of the year from My State's Capital Journal. His subject was Photos that makes me happy! What he shot when not on an assignment, etc. It was an interesting slideshow.

Astronomical high tides you bozo! What were you thinking??? Yeesh, take care of yourself!.
I was thinking we did enough but Mom was thinking of getting those steps level up…. That section was close to sea level so that's why the walls. My shoes I wore this morning are still soaked! Tonight we went to a photographers guild and listened to the photographer of the year from My State's Capital Journal. His subject was Photos that makes me happy! What he shot when not on an assignment, etc. It was an interesting slideshow.
Cool!
BTW, how old is your mom? Don't tell me I'm old enough to be your mother!

cry_smile.gif
My tracker remains on my dresser. I think the newest one is more appealing maybe I will get motivated to use it again

Cool!
I private messaged you the information…

cry_smile.gif
My tracker remains on my dresser. I think the newest one is more appealing maybe I will get motivated to use it again.
It's fun to track for the first week…. My aunt used one the first year here…. Its somewhere hiding here….

Cool!
Mort, you two look young in pictures, but be proud of age, I understand it's different for the ladies, but years pass and as a friend used to say I'm glad to still be above the grass.

I got up to over 1,000 steps in just getting breakfast on for the guests! I walk about 3,000 to 10,000 steps just doing chores around the place…. (3 to 5 miles) I even get active moments! Have to get your tracker off the dresser EN!
regular_smile.gif

I got up to over 1,000 steps in just getting breakfast on for the guests! I walk about 3,000 to 10,000 steps just doing chores around the place…. (3 to 5 miles) I even get active moments! Have to get your tracker off the dresser EN!
regular_smile.gif
Yes I do...but I don't have to do much except sit at the computer for my work...but I am motivated to get walking these beautiful fall days.

regular_smile.gif
Yes I do...but I don't have to do much except sit at the computer for my work...but I am motivated to get walking these beautiful fall days.
My mom read an article about how exercise helps "cure" things that people take meds for, Diabetes, HypeActive, Depression, Aging, etc. So jump up off the chair and enjoy the fall days….Winter is coming!

regular_smile.gif
I used to do 2 miles just serving breakfast. Then we let the guests get their own coffee and juice.

Back