This just blew me away...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Are y'all ready for this?
I am waiting for checkins and typed in our B&B name in Google as I do from time to time and find us listed in strange places, books I didn't know about etc etc.
Well here ya go, the ONLY google ad when I typed in our B&B name had our B&B name at the TOP and it was TRIP ADVISOR.
Sponsored links
JB's NAMED B&B
Make the Most of Your Vacation:
Get the Truth. Then Go.
www.TripAdvisor.com
I clicked over and it was a B&B with the same name in another state. So my question is, did the B&B sign up for this? They don't even have a business listing on TA with link, so I am thinking it is purely TA.
Odd now that THEY are going for business in this way?
Try it yourself with your B&B name and let us know what you find out. Keep an eye to the right side of the browser.>>

Mine has an ad for trip zen dot com. It then has my my inn's name and check-in/check/out dates. When I fill in dates, it goes to...guess where......TA! And of course, it shows no rooms available and it lists other places close by that have the bb.com booking engine and GDS systems.
I just wish we had control over who could use our business name!!! Ticks me off they can do this without my authorization.

Mine comes up for Trip zen also. Never heard of them before.
Riki

If your name is trademark you can contact google and tell them you don't want any adwords on your trademark.

Top one is an ad to save 70% on my place with something called trip zen. Then bed&breakfast.com, then TA.

Back