this morning's wreck

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrh

Reaction score
DW often makes an egg, sausage, cheese casserole with a layer of sour cream in the middle - it's a real hit. She makes it up the night before and bakes it in the morning. This morning as we are making the fruit cups up she realizes our little Peruvian kitchen helper had, yesterday, dumped the sweet fruit topping cream in on top of the sour cream and that was what was baking in the casserole in the oven
whattha.gif

Had no choice but to serve it....we had requests for salt, pepper and catsup....sweet and savory...it was not very delicious.....
embaressed_smile.gif

Oh no! That's when you go to "Plan B". For me that's omelettes.
I know you must have been in a panic!
One time I put the casserole that had been sitting in the fridge overnight into the oven and had forgotten to take the plastic wrap off. It melted all into the main course and I couldn't serve it. Plan B.

DW says "Omlettes for 20 is hard to do, ya give em salt and tell them the story tomorrow"
It's a full house of wedding party. And what a party it is....pretty fun actually.
These guys walked up in February and liked us well enough to rent the whole place for their wedding. Wedding is down the street but the "party" is here!

DW says "Omlettes for 20 is hard to do, ya give em salt and tell them the story tomorrow"
It's a full house of wedding party. And what a party it is....pretty fun actually.
These guys walked up in February and liked us well enough to rent the whole place for their wedding. Wedding is down the street but the "party" is here!.
But scrambled eggs for 20 is not hard.
poke.gif

It sounds like you've got a bunch of great people!

UH OH...Too bad you just didn't sramble up some eggs. They were really great guests to eat that breakfast:) Hope you give them something special tomorrow!

Actually most of them ate it and liked it! Or so they said.....they are from the south and very polite

Too bad it wasn't a happy accident. Some great dishes have resulted from mistakes like this. So, does this mixture have any potential?

I vote for scrambled eggs as a back up too. We have breakfast vouchers made up that our local restaurants will take (with a $ limit) in the rare instances we have had a disaster or loss of propane. Then I just foot the bill with the restaurant afterwards.

Actually most of them ate it and liked it! Or so they said.....they are from the south and very polite.
rrh said:
Actually most of them ate it and liked it! Or so they said.....they are from the south and very polite
Yes, most polite Southerners would not tell you if it was not good. They would move it around on their plate and tell you it was just fine. :)
I worked at a 10 room inn and the cook made a Tex Mex kind of egg casserole. She overbaked it and it looked terrible. I couldn't believe that she had us serve it. It was positively inedible but most people didn't complain, or they'd make up some kind of excuse for not eating it. You could tell that they were very disappointed in their breakfast. I would have cooked up scrambled eggs but........

Too bad it wasn't a happy accident. Some great dishes have resulted from mistakes like this. So, does this mixture have any potential?.
Proud Texan said:
Too bad it wasn't a happy accident. Some great dishes have resulted from mistakes like this. So, does this mixture have any potential?
none!
rolleyes.gif

Back