Those dang blankets again

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I bought those microfiber blankets with the satin trim late last year and finally got all of them delivered on the beds by Feb. Totally unhappy with how the satin trim kept absorbing every little bit of grease from my hands, the guests' lotions and face creams, etc. It did come out when soaked for a half hour in a peroxide & dish soap mix, but immediately got soiled as soon as they were back on the beds.
I cannot have this for the summer. No way I can soak anything for a half hour every time the room is stripped and every room and bed at that! So, yesterday I started removing all the satin trim. Threw one blanket in the wash today to see if it would fall apart or unravel and it didn't! The edges are fairly straight on them, not enough to notice if they're just on the beds and not being examined. So, they are going back on the beds without the trim and I am a much happier camper.

Good, amazing what our own innovations can do for cost cutting, cause it truly would have not been good to spend $$ again on blankets.

Hi Morticia
I found a place in kennebunk area that they sell towels and blankest wholesale and it is great. I am very very picky with my blankets and I am a happy camper with these and they hold up great .

Hi Morticia
I found a place in kennebunk area that they sell towels and blankest wholesale and it is great. I am very very picky with my blankets and I am a happy camper with these and they hold up great ..
I go to Wells- to where the Cannon Factory Outlet used to be. It's called Home Fashions now. What's the place K-bunk?
These blankets came from JCP, tho. Can't afford to buy them all over again and the plan to remove the trim seems to be working. If they ravel later on I will put a hem all the way around.

Back