Those HORRIBLE bed and breakfasts!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
http://www.collegetownship.govoffice.com/vertical/Sites/%7B6F77EE0A-5147-4D68-88D3-B3066A5A57B4%7D/uploads/%7B7E6E17AF-C806-4863-B293-97EE83354946%7D.PDF
This is old...2003.
It is kind of ridiculous, I mean what if the owners had kids, would it really be a safety concern? It hasn't been for us. Also, even if someone lived there that wasn't running a B&B, they still have to have their trash picked up. We put out less garbage now than before we opened a b&b, just because we make a concerted effort to compost and recycle, which 90% of our town doesn't do! As far as traffic, my neighbors have more cars in their yard than we ever do in our driveway! And as far as bringing people in and out of the neighborhood, those same people will be paying lodging taxes and shopping and dining in your town, boosting your economy!

http://www.collegetownship.govoffice.com/vertical/Sites/%7B6F77EE0A-5147-4D68-88D3-B3066A5A57B4%7D/uploads/%7B7E6E17AF-C806-4863-B293-97EE83354946%7D.PDF
This is old...2003.
It is kind of ridiculous, I mean what if the owners had kids, would it really be a safety concern? It hasn't been for us. Also, even if someone lived there that wasn't running a B&B, they still have to have their trash picked up. We put out less garbage now than before we opened a b&b, just because we make a concerted effort to compost and recycle, which 90% of our town doesn't do! As far as traffic, my neighbors have more cars in their yard than we ever do in our driveway! And as far as bringing people in and out of the neighborhood, those same people will be paying lodging taxes and shopping and dining in your town, boosting your economy!.
You ain't from around my neighborhood, are ya? You make too much sense!
I realize this is old, but these are the EXACT same arguments that our neighbors came up with when we proposed our bnb. Our city clerk didn't realize that we didn't qualify to charge the local 1% option tax! No extra monies for them since we've moved here!
Do they complain about strange plumbers and electricians, garbage collectors, newspaper carriers, coming into the neighborhood? NOT!

These are the people I hope have a family with 9 kids with only 2 of them currently teenagers of driving age, each with his own car complete with stereo systems that are the most popular kids in school and thus visited frequently by ALL their buddies move next door. Barring that, will settle for the Clampetts.

Why are you using this document from 2003?? I didn't read it all, but just curious...What does this have to do with you now???

We all know that once something goes into city council minutes, it stands as fact until something is introduced to change that.

Back