Thursday - Check off a Bucket list Entry!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday at 1 PM I get to check off one of the things I have wanted to do for a long, long time. This is a charity fundraiser.
http://www.leadingedge4g7.com/main/home/choppers-for-charity
For a $10 ride, they are donating $20 to one of 4 LOCAL charities - your choice. I told our radio news director it is part of his Christmas present and we are going to go up together. DH will watch and take photos. We plan to have lunch at the restaurant at the airport also. I am planning to pay double the price one for our county Uni ted W ay and one for the food bank.

The lunch was not great. Took the waitress forever to bring menus (DH had to ask for them and she acted as if he was interrupting her). Reuben ordered fries, got chips, DH wanted a salad - they could not give him one (said they were out of salad). 1 burger w/fries that ended up as chips, 1 club sandwich w/onion rings instead of chips, 2 coffees, and a coke was $20. Oh, I asked for a knife - it never appeared and we did not get napkins until we were done and DH asked for some. It is a shame because we were looking forward to going there for lunch in the future. Ain't gonna happen.
The helicopter ended up being a little bubble copter - we were expecting a 6-passenger job. One advantage to being a "wide-load" they took us one at a time (others were going in 2s). The space between my fat butt and the pilot was too small for anyone to get between us (Reuben would have been smushed). The ride was a hair over 5 minutes. Awesome! Reuben said he thinks he is glad it was this copter instead of the one we expected. It was a first for each of us. We wanna go again!!!!!
BlogI-79Chopper.JPG

Looking down at I-79 North. Shinnston would be north of the top left corner.
BlogPilot.JPG

My pilot said he has been flying about 4 years.

Back