Thwarting the system - the reservation system

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I took the kids for a well deserved cool-down swim yesterday arvo and came back to five messages from a guest who said they booked online and put in the wrong date. Call us back immediately!
This ain't my first rodeo, I will add before I go on...
She said she meant tonight but accidentally put in the wrong date.
Well as you know, you may have the same set up in your online rez system, we do not take same day bookings online, I mean, we can't, we need to prepare and be here. I actually had no guests for Thursday so the reward was an afternoon swim with no deadlines or committments.
So she said, "You can just change the date on your end."
I said, "Well we can't take same day bookings, which it clearly said when you put in the date and would not allow you to make the reservation online."
"Oh well I wanted to save the $10 by booking online."
I replied, "Okay not a problem but we do not have a room for you this evening."
poke.gif

Oh good one. Wants to save the $10 so puts in the wrong date and you can just fix it. Hee hee.

Keep swimming - that is more than any dummy who cannot read and does not want to follow rules. She would not see PRIVATE and would be in your kitchen. Then we would be telling you to back away from the knives,,,,

Back