Ticket prices to increase at Walt Disney World

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Ticket prices to increase at Walt Disney World
Jul 31, 8:15 PM (ET)
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Walt Disney World is raising the ticket prices for its theme parks.
Disney last raised its admission prices in August 2008.
The Orlando Sentinel reported Friday that the base price of a one-day, one-park adult ticket will increase from $75 to $79. The same ticket for a child between the ages of 3 and 9 will go from $63 to $68. Prices for the resort's multiday ticket packages also will rise. The new prices will go into effect Sunday.
The ticket increases come a day after the Walt Disney Co. announced its third-quarter profit dropped 26 percent, as slower DVD sales pushed its movie studio into the red.
Holy cow!

I second that. We went 2 years ago and said that would be the last time we would go there. NOthing had changed. Things needed refurbished...nothing really new to attract us back again. Oh well.:-(

Haven't been in years and am not missing it at all! Of course my kids are grown and no grands at the time. That price to stand in line and sweat - no thanks.

When we lived in California, we had the resident passes, the kids were little and we would go about once a week, it was really great, but I think that was the only way it was worth it, it was still magical for them and we could go mid-week off season and literally walk onto anything with no lines, not anymore! They do have the fast pass system, but it requires careful planning and a lot of walking to work it well, you kind of have to know the park to get the most out of it.

I totally agree with Samster. Me and my daughter go there once a year! They have 4 amazing parks with amazingly themed resorts. Don't forget all the money it takes to pay all those Disney employees' paychecks as well as health benefits, etc. I'm sure non of us can even imagine what it cost in electricity and water, etc. to run the parks...
wow.gif
We just booked a trip to take our 2.5 yr. old Grandson there 2 weeks before Christmas, can't wait!!

I second that. We went 2 years ago and said that would be the last time we would go there. NOthing had changed. Things needed refurbished...nothing really new to attract us back again. Oh well.:-(.
What?? Things change there all the time! If you went just to the Magic Kingdom theme park, that might be true, but you have to remember that it is an entire resort with several theme parks, water parks, recreational sports, boating, golfing, etc. They have Zagat rated restaurants there!! There are deals all the time and they obviously market to get people in there for multiple days to visit all the parks, so people will pay a premium for a one day visit. Of course you know my dh loves it there, but it is one of the cleanest and most well taken care of places that you ever want to visit.

$362.00 a day for a family of 5 is pretty steep, especially when that doesn't include food. We had some wonderful vacations at Disney years ago when our children were younger, but we couldn't afford to go back today. Then again, tickets to a Red Sox game are outrageous. Along with parking and food it can easily be a $500.00 day. Even at those prices we try to get to at least one game a year. If it's creating great memories, I'd spend it.

I grew up going to the San Diego Padres games for $6. Parking was about the same price.
I went to Disneyland for senior night in high school and had been there dozens of times up to that point. When you had the E' ticket phenomena it was costly, once they made it a daily pass for all rides we jumped for joy! My first visit to Disneyland was when I was 10 months old. We have old slides of my on the Dumbo ride.
I also spent time in the ER from passing out from heat exhaustion and SMOG. Standing in line for hours and hours. A great time alright!
cry_smile.gif
You had to have a plan or you spent all day in line and rode only 4 rides.

I totally agree with Samster. Me and my daughter go there once a year! They have 4 amazing parks with amazingly themed resorts. Don't forget all the money it takes to pay all those Disney employees' paychecks as well as health benefits, etc. I'm sure non of us can even imagine what it cost in electricity and water, etc. to run the parks...
wow.gif
We just booked a trip to take our 2.5 yr. old Grandson there 2 weeks before Christmas, can't wait!!.
I used to work at Disneyland. All that money is not going into paychecks. Believe me.

I second that. We went 2 years ago and said that would be the last time we would go there. NOthing had changed. Things needed refurbished...nothing really new to attract us back again. Oh well.:-(.
What?? Things change there all the time! If you went just to the Magic Kingdom theme park, that might be true, but you have to remember that it is an entire resort with several theme parks, water parks, recreational sports, boating, golfing, etc. They have Zagat rated restaurants there!! There are deals all the time and they obviously market to get people in there for multiple days to visit all the parks, so people will pay a premium for a one day visit. Of course you know my dh loves it there, but it is one of the cleanest and most well taken care of places that you ever want to visit.
Half of that which you mention we don't do. It just has lost it's magic for us..sorry:-(

Half of that which you mention we don't do. It just has lost it's magic for us..sorry:-(
Well, like any kind of vacation there's a risk that there is not something there for everyone. Anyplace that my dh can go and decompress from work is a winner for me and he loves it there. Like I said, it's not just theme parks, it's a resort....anyplace that I can go and walk, explore, see wildlife, relax and read, have a good meal, see some shows, enjoy music, ride bikes, and have some fun too is good for me. :)

i've never been to disney. when (if) i have grandchildren some day, i'd like to go. will probably need a get around scooter by then!!

I use to live in SoCal and literally lost count at how many times I have been to Disneyland. At one time, I worked 2 miles down Harbor Blvd. and would go almost weekly as a young adult. It is more fun if you have young kids.
My favorite memory is of my now 13yo when he was 2 1/2. We were walking through Frontier Land when he spotted Tigger. He yanked his hand out of mine yelling for Tgger and ran right for him. Tigger, in full character, pushed the older kids around him aside and dropped to one knee as my son leapt into his arms. I only had my SLR with me and not a movie camera... The crowd loved it!

I can think of a million other places I would rather go than to any Disney park. The Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, The Badlands, Lake Tahoe, just to name a few.

Back