Time for a new website!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catlady suggested the Karma template (themeforest) to me. And in fact, it is exactly what I used. We hired someone (elance) to do the basic setup and put up our content in that new template and then move it into place. We also put in a WP plugin for multiple languages, so you can see the website in two different languages.
Only thing that I'm thinking about now is setting up a new set of templates for mobile access..
Eric, that looks so much better! I noticed the option for languages, that's great. Do you know if you could change the colors on that template? I'd like to stick with the same colors we have rather than changing them to something else.
Karma is an OLD theme now :-( It is not responsive. Maddie, I would go with the one I suggested to you earlier. it is responsive. You can ADJUST anything on it. Colors are changeable in just about ANY theme. As I said earlier, you will need to do some custom css but it is not hard. Check out Coherence again. there is a new STRIKING responsive theme coming out very soon. This one is so totally adjustable it can be overwhelming.
That's the one I had in mind. Coherence. Looked at it last night and liked it.
If you decide on that one... I can help you
wink_smile.gif

Catlady suggested the Karma template (themeforest) to me. And in fact, it is exactly what I used. We hired someone (elance) to do the basic setup and put up our content in that new template and then move it into place. We also put in a WP plugin for multiple languages, so you can see the website in two different languages.
Only thing that I'm thinking about now is setting up a new set of templates for mobile access..
Eric, that looks so much better! I noticed the option for languages, that's great. Do you know if you could change the colors on that template? I'd like to stick with the same colors we have rather than changing them to something else.
Karma is an OLD theme now :-( It is not responsive. Maddie, I would go with the one I suggested to you earlier. it is responsive. You can ADJUST anything on it. Colors are changeable in just about ANY theme. As I said earlier, you will need to do some custom css but it is not hard. Check out Coherence again. there is a new STRIKING responsive theme coming out very soon. This one is so totally adjustable it can be overwhelming.
wink_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
wink_smile.gif
I'll keep that in mind! I am probably going to contact your webhost person, too. Build the new site over there and then launch it when it's done and turn the old one off. That way I can take my time and decide what's coming along to the new site and what's being left behind.

Madeleine said:
I've been using Coherence for months now and really like it, and I don't even know what I'm doing!
It can also handle your blog, or you can keep the blog you have now and link to it. Since I started the blog first, with a different WP theme (Twenty Eleven, I think), I've left the blog on that theme and do the main website with Coherence. They look enough alike in style and colors that it's not a problem (plus I don't know how to merge the old blog posts into the Coherence stuff).

Madeleine said:
I've been using Coherence for months now and really like it, and I don't even know what I'm doing!
It can also handle your blog, or you can keep the blog you have now and link to it. Since I started the blog first, with a different WP theme (Twenty Eleven, I think), I've left the blog on that theme and do the main website with Coherence. They look enough alike in style and colors that it's not a problem (plus I don't know how to merge the old blog posts into the Coherence stuff).
The blog is the biggie. I am not going to try to convert all those files over to WP. As long as the new web host will let me set up a subdirectory I'll be good to go.

Madeleine said:
The blog is the biggie. I am not going to try to convert all those files over to WP. As long as the new web host will let me set up a subdirectory I'll be good to go.
You can continue on with your blog as is with a link to it. or start a new one within your new site and point to the old one for archives. Lots of ways to accomplish this.

i have so much trouble learning word press! what is wrong with me?
i keep hearing it's the way to go ...
if anyone offers a stay and learn word press, i'm in!!!

if anyone offers a stay and learn word press, i'm in!!!.
Let me give it a go and if I'm ok with it, I'll help you.

if anyone offers a stay and learn word press, i'm in!!!.
It really isn't hard at all to use wordpress...REALLY! But you need to use plug ins for some things and if you want some changes different than the theme, you need to learn custom styles. If you need help, just email me SS. I am glad to help :)

Back