Time for breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 8am as the earliest in the three places I worked. (Except for the bus loads, sailing teams, etc. Note they were all together so served early and we were done early.) We have a K cup machine in the foyer at the one place and many times I opened the dining room door to see complete strangers gathered around with their coffee cups talking which continued to the dining room!.
Lee2014 said:
...in the foyer...
I love when people pronounce that word with a fake French accent, like it's a French word. In French, that's the word for fireplace.... was that where you wanted to walk into?
I'm torn on that one. Foy-er vs foy-eh. It was 'posh' to say foy-eh when I was a kid. Now everything is an entryway.
We had one in our apt. Everyone else had a straight hallway from the door to the living room, with the kitchen debouching off along the passage.
It's a foy-er. The posh foy-yeh will end with burn marks and tears :)

We have 8am as the earliest in the three places I worked. (Except for the bus loads, sailing teams, etc. Note they were all together so served early and we were done early.) We have a K cup machine in the foyer at the one place and many times I opened the dining room door to see complete strangers gathered around with their coffee cups talking which continued to the dining room!.
Lee2014 said:
...in the foyer...
I love when people pronounce that word with a fake French accent, like it's a French word. In French, that's the word for fireplace.... was that where you wanted to walk into?
Generic said:
Lee2014 said:
...in the foyer...
It keeps the coffee warmer!
wink_smile.gif
How about the front hall? (The other word we use for the same room!) Yes, the room has a giant walk in fireplace across from the K cup machine which has chairs to sit in and enjoy a game of chess.....so yes, the guest can walk into the fireplace if they please.
shades_smile.gif

One nice thing about no longer doing overnight stabling is no more 4 AM breakfasts. 6 AM is the earliest I will do and thankfully, they are rare..
I get a few 5:30a during fishing season. I ask them when they want it, and that's when they get it. The earlier the better as far as I'm concerned. The earlier I get breakfast out of the way the earlier I can get to the other work. :) On the other hand, if they say 9:30a, I get to sleep in. :)

One nice thing about no longer doing overnight stabling is no more 4 AM breakfasts. 6 AM is the earliest I will do and thankfully, they are rare..
I get a few 5:30a during fishing season. I ask them when they want it, and that's when they get it. The earlier the better as far as I'm concerned. The earlier I get breakfast out of the way the earlier I can get to the other work. :) On the other hand, if they say 9:30a, I get to sleep in. :)
Except when one lot want early and others want late. Then breakfast seems to go on forever.

Seems there are some in every season - Last week's Airbbers:
They want an early check-in (Sorry won't have rooms ready until reg check-in time)
That didn't work so next they call back and say that they'll be checking in late, (11pm) then show up in between...
Then ask for an early breakfast (8a.m. - which is agreeable), breakfast is ready at 8 - they wander down around 9... ?
Top it off with a sub-par review because it was too hot in their room (we broke a record that weekend with 98 in June) and AC was cranked!
Seriously...some people just can't be pleased...

They want an early check-in (Sorry won't have rooms ready until reg check-in time)
That didn't work so next they call back and say that they'll be checking in late, (11pm) then show up in between...
Then ask for an early breakfast (8a.m. - which is agreeable), breakfast is ready at 8 - they wander down around 9... ?
Top it off with a sub-par review because it was too hot in their room (we broke a record that weekend with 98 in June) and AC was cranked!
Seriously...some people just can't be pleased....
I hope you left them a suitably reciprocal review.
We had PITA airbnbers a couple of years ago, after checkout I left my usual "all ok, no problem" review, when I saw theirs they moaned about stuff, leaving me feeling cheated that I left them a good review. Wont fall for that one again.

We had PITA airbnbers a couple of years ago, after checkout I left my usual "all ok, no problem" review, when I saw theirs they moaned about stuff, leaving me feeling cheated that I left them a good review. Wont fall for that one again.
Exactly the same. We had a Belgian couple who were horrible. They tried to get us to give us them the best room, but had booked the room with the smallest... but it was already rented to someone else. They smelled up the place with Vicks. They took continental breakfast and then complained that we didn't offer them the full breakfast, stole food that wasn't included, etc. Never again does a guest get away with anything. It's the plain unvarnished truth.

I didn't really go overboard on their review (as you know - you can't see theirs until you leave one...), and when she put out there in a public comment that "we might want to keep an eye on the temperature upstairs", I curtly replied, "We sure do, especially when its record breaking temps like 98! That AC was cranking all weekend!"
It's always something with those Airheads...

Back